Gambler 2024- this time I bought a Toyota. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
backcountryadventuretime.com
After the complete disappointment that was the gambler 2023 with the horrible decision to buy and rally a 92 geo I came to my senses and found a much better vehicle. A Toyota this time. And I have roughly a year to make this thing into something cool.

And here it is.
IMG_3782.jpeg

1986 2wd pickup.
198k when the Speedo and Odometer stoped working
Needs brakes but came with an extra set of snow tires.
22re seems to run well, but looks like it could use a new valve cover gasket.
It’s super rusty

I’m calling it brownie.

So this should be a fun thread. Because I need more s***boxes and more projects.

So if anyone has extra junk laying around or wants to donate to the cause, currently accepting donations.

I don’t think you need a year to make it into something cool. It already is!

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention. This trok was $500 in keeping with the gambler rules.

Also found this gem on the internet while I’m looking for inspiration. Porsche wheels

IMG_3821.jpeg

So googler is telling me 5x114.3 or 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

Think I’m gonna have to find some JoOp wheels for this one.

I'll donate those OEM Tacoma shocks and coilovers I mentioned, if you still want them. I'll bring it to the meeting at Mark's next week.

I'll donate those OEM Tacoma shocks and coilovers I mentioned, if you still want them. I'll bring it to the meeting at Mark's next week.
i appreaciate the offer but im not sure that i can use them, anyone else wanna chime in about 3g taco parts on a 86 pickup please tell me im wrong.

Not sure it would work but if it did it would be a hell of a lift.

Time to rally the roo' mobile? Should I enter the Gambler?

1692200382082.png

DO IT AND YOUR COOL!
Problem is, I'm not very cool =[

Can I enter the Jaguar Corolla ? It's got fresh body work... Wish this area had more sub $1500 dollar vehicles. Everyone thinks their 30 year old beaters are still worth $$$

1692200890880.png
1692200928878.png

$500 vehicles are still out there. you just have to get lucky.

got perm plates for the Gambler today. oof $180 bucks. whoops blew my budget aready, gonna have to sell the extra set of wheels to recoup some cash.

IMG_4355.jpg

also saw these rims on CL for $100. i wonder how much for tires. would look DOPE BOI FRESH

thinking that i might slam to the ground for a minute because i miss my old mini trok. and the idea of dragging rusty frame over all the bozeman pot holes and shooting sparks everywhere would be funny.

reliving my teenaged shenanigans

oh and just in case anyone was wondering, the DMV isnt doing vanity plates currently..

they are to busy. such a stupid excuse. i wish i could do that with my job,

anyways the top three choices for when i do get vanity plates are:

TURDPRO - ;)
SHTBX - "short box" hehehe
BROWNIE

also open to clever suggestions

oh and just in case anyone was wondering, the DMV isnt doing vanity plates currently..

they are to busy. such a stupid excuse. i wish i could do that with my job,

anyways the top three choices for when i do get vanity plates are:

TURDPRO - ;)
SHTBX - "short box" hehehe
BROWNIE

also open to clever suggestions
Was at the DMV yesterday in the Flathead, they let me do it but just said plan on 3 months lead time.

They wouldn't even let me use " 420 " on my plate, but maybe they will go for SHTBX instead =]

i got away with "waifu" on my miata which has a very weird meaning if you google it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom