Builds Full Circle Reintroduction/Build - '92 FJ80 3FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Annual Christmas gift tradition... @bhicks cupholder!

EFEA58CE-0362-4CDB-A6E3-ACAB0185E105.jpeg

Annual Christmas gift tradition... @bhicks cupholder!

View attachment 1599593
Thanks for the business. Looks like you have the 91-94 dark brown and not the 93-97 Tan "Oak". If the color clash bothers you and you decide you want a better color match then shoot me a PM and I can arrange an exchange for the correct color.
Edit: after looking at your pic more closely, it appear you have the tan Oak top from a 95+ console with the dark brown bottom from a 91-94. I'm guessing by that set up; you don't care too much about color matching.

Thanks for the business. Looks like you have the 91-94 dark brown and not the 93-97 Tan "Oak". If the color clash bothers you and you decide you want a better color match then shoot me a PM and I can arrange an exchange for the correct color.
Edit: after looking at your pic more closely, it appear you have the tan Oak top from a 95+ console with the dark brown bottom from a 91-94. I'm guessing by that set up; you don't care too much about color matching.
I didn’t know you offered ‘brown’.... is that an option!? I have your front console double cupholder (see post on page 2 of this thread) and the rear... The color difference does bother me a bit but I have major OCD. I gave my wife (a normal OCD-less person) a chance to comment on the colors and she didn’t even notice, so I just accepted it for what it is.

In regards to the upper console, I absolutely hated the low 91-94 lid so the upgrade to the 95-97 lid was a necessity. Oak is the only option for that as far as I know...

I didn’t know you offered ‘brown’.... is that an option!? I have your front console double cupholder (see post on page 2 of this thread) and the rear... The color difference does bother me a bit but I have major OCD. I gave my wife (a normal OCD-less person) a chance to comment on the colors and she didn’t even notice, so I just accepted it for what it is.

In regards to the upper console, I absolutely hated the low 91-94 lid so the upgrade to the 95-97 lid was a necessity. Oak is the only option for that as far as I know...
Yep. That padded lid only comes in Oak and gray. I have never seen a padded lid in the dark brown. I may be proven wrong though. If you really want the brown color then send me a PM. With your lid being Oak it may not help you. Having the tan cup holders might help the tan lid make more sense in your 80. If you make the rear brown then the front wont match. You sort of create new visual issues. Since the tan and brown don't clash like the gray and tan or gray and brown do, you may want to just leave it. If at any point you change your mind, just shoot me a PM.

I have a Land Cruiser problem... :flipoff2: I was hopeful this could be a quick refresh/rejuvenation project and list it for sale but it's going to be another part out, as well... '93, 220k miles, engine has a rod knock, fairly solid just dirty, some roof damage, but it has lockers!

IMG_8644.jpg

Had a productive day yesterday...

-New OME steering damper
-Bought and mounted 48” Hi-Lift jack
-New (used) drip rail moldings (old ones were beat to heck and butchered up by PO)
-Snorkel! (eBay version)

8C4299DD-059F-4CAB-B1B9-C3F20DDEDF84.jpeg

FEAEB58B-3ECD-4372-BE9D-2A9F60C6A0CC.jpeg

3206DCD6-D850-4BC1-AC31-941A59364BF1.jpeg

1EEECF4D-F532-41DD-AADF-19023E075FFF.jpeg

8F858587-B3D0-4036-9B45-8218159F07E8.jpeg

Awesome thread. Nebraska expat here who grew up in Omaha and had a family farm in Minatare. Now in Wakulla FLA. I speak 3FE. Keep posting pics of your progress and the landscape! #GBR! Good looking 92

Awesome thread. Nebraska expat here who grew up in Omaha and had a family farm in Minatare. Now in Wakulla FLA. I speak 3FE. Keep posting pics of your progress and the landscape! #GBR! Good looking 92
#3femafia

While my Land Cruiser obsession is a hobby of mine I've always presented this truck as an "investment" to my wife and tried to justify most of the modifications/improvements with potential payback if we were to sell it. Well, it's time to pay the Piper... We're buying a new house/acreage so once we close the LC will have to go to free up some funds. My wife was on the fence and didn't necessarily want to do it, but I'm ready... I will miss it, but I need to focus my time/money/energy on other things...

So, what should I be looking for with pricing? I have a range in mind, but I want to make sure I'm not shorting myself or way too high...

• Located in Western Nebraska—about 2.5 hrs from Denver.
  • '92 with 3FE
  • 135,XXX miles
  • Beige 4K1 exterior, brown cloth interior
  • 2” TJM lift and Bilstein 4600 shocks
  • TJM T17 front bumper with light bar
  • Bump-It Offroad rear bumper with spare tire swing out on PS and spindle for future swing out on DS
  • Snorkel
  • 295/75-16 General Grabber AT2s on 4Runner Limited wheels (x5), about 10k miles
  • Desmogged
  • Baselined—relatively fresh axle rebuilds, new radiator/water pump/hoses, etc. I have taken it on 1,000 mile trips with zero issues. It is my DD.
  • Upgraded to 1993+ front brakes (new master cylinder, bigger rotors, new Napa calipers, etc.)
  • Slee extended stainless steel brake lines
  • Stainless steel high clearance exhaust
  • Interior is ridiculously nice and clean. Seats are nearly perfect. Dash is perfect. All electronics work with zero issues. AC blows cold.
  • Truck spent a couple years in the Pacific Northwest. Has some crustiness on the undercarriage. Has dime-sized spot starting to show up under rear hatch window. Rear door bottom seams are starting to show corrosion. Had a windshield leak so DS floor pan has some pinholes. I have cleaned all up and neutralized and obviously fixed the windshield leak.
  • Viper remote start
  • A fair amount of other miscellaneous good things in regards to maintenance...and cup holders, etc.
  • Has some hail damage. Not noticeable from 5mph/5ft. Really only noticeable on hood and roof.
Any input from the masses in regards to price before I list it for sale? I’m not in a rush but I want to be somewhat competitive.

Also, please spare the “It’s a worthless 3FE” comments. I know what it is and I know the difference. I’ve owned both an FJ and FZJ. I know the FJs don’t bring the same premium as the FZJs. But, 3FE or not, it’s a great friggin vehicle.

I have been following your build thread all along. I have a 91 that i bought around the same time. Sounds like you have a cool property project to focus efforts on. I will miss your thread, but i imagine you will be back with another rig - who are you kidding?:flipoff2:

I think you are right to put "investment" in quotes. I think it would be a miracle to simply break even on all the money (let alone time) you have put into it. More of a depreciating asset with sunk costs.

I'm not sure on pricing. I bought my essentially stock, rust free, ~160k, 91 in Spring '16 for $5k. It was running good, but needed tires and the suspension was shot. At the time, that price was probably on the higher end, although the sellers phone was blowing up with potential buyers. Your rig would sell for more obviously. The only thing that could scare some buyers off is the desmogged status. That would be a no go for many higher populated areas.

Good luck with the sale, this rig is well sorted, and would be a good buy for somebody!

-Zach

While my Land Cruiser obsession is a hobby of mine I've always presented this truck as an "investment" to my wife and tried to justify most of the modifications/improvements with potential payback if we were to sell it. Well, it's time to pay the Piper... We're buying a new house/acreage so once we close the LC will have to go to free up some funds. My wife was on the fence and didn't necessarily want to do it, but I'm ready... I will miss it, but I need to focus my time/money/energy on other things...

So, what should I be looking for with pricing? I have a range in mind, but I want to make sure I'm not shorting myself or way too high...

• Located in Western Nebraska—about 2.5 hrs from Denver.
  • '92 with 3FE
  • 135,XXX miles
  • Beige 4K1 exterior, brown cloth interior
  • 2” TJM lift and Bilstein 4600 shocks
  • TJM T17 front bumper with light bar
  • Bump-It Offroad rear bumper with spare tire swing out on PS and spindle for future swing out on DS
  • Snorkel
  • 295/75-16 General Grabber AT2s on 4Runner Limited wheels (x5), about 10k miles
  • Desmogged
  • Baselined—relatively fresh axle rebuilds, new radiator/water pump/hoses, etc. I have taken it on 1,000 mile trips with zero issues. It is my DD.
  • Upgraded to 1993+ front brakes (new master cylinder, bigger rotors, new Napa calipers, etc.)
  • Slee extended stainless steel brake lines
  • Stainless steel high clearance exhaust
  • Interior is ridiculously nice and clean. Seats are nearly perfect. Dash is perfect. All electronics work with zero issues. AC blows cold.
  • Truck spent a couple years in the Pacific Northwest. Has some crustiness on the undercarriage. Has dime-sized spot starting to show up under rear hatch window. Rear door bottom seams are starting to show corrosion. Had a windshield leak so DS floor pan has some pinholes. I have cleaned all up and neutralized and obviously fixed the windshield leak.
  • Viper remote start
  • A fair amount of other miscellaneous good things in regards to maintenance...and cup holders, etc.
  • Has some hail damage. Not noticeable from 5mph/5ft. Really only noticeable on hood and roof.
Any input from the masses in regards to price before I list it for sale? I’m not in a rush but I want to be somewhat competitive.

Also, please spare the “It’s a worthless 3FE” comments. I know what it is and I know the difference. I’ve owned both an FJ and FZJ. I know the FJs don’t bring the same premium as the FZJs. But, 3FE or not, it’s a great friggin vehicle.

$10K or so? At least in the Pacific Northwest clean examples are selling for around that. I don't know the market there. Someone offered $7500 for mine and it looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to the hood from hail damage.

I was thinking $7,500.... I would definitely like some more feedback!

Thanks!
I think someone would be getting a really great truck for that price considering the mileage, mods, and maintenance.

Is there a "dislike" button? :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom