Front drive shaft touches the sway bar after diff-drop kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys

Sorry for my bad english. I'm living in the german speaking part of switzerland.

So, i mounted a diff-drop kit at my 100 series.
Now, when the car is lifted in the workshop, an the front wheels don't touch the floor,
the sway bar touches the frontdrive shaft.
You know the problem and the solution?
Do i have to mount a sway bar drop plate to fix the distance betwenn sway bar and drive shaft?

Picture is not from my car, just to show were the problem is:
16998704_10212091729036567_7746715663662360889_n.jpg

Thanks lot in advance an many regards from Switzerland.

Mike

Last edited:
What shocks are you using? How much lift? Do you have oem sway bar link or extended ones. It could be that you have more suspension drop than most and with no extended links, the sway bar rotate more than it is intended to.

It gets quite close on mine without the diffdrop under the same circumstances ; wheels fully suspended off the ground.

The key measurement is when the wheels
are on the ground- you will likely have plenty of clearance. You can also check clearance raising only one side( wheel off the ground) to replicate lifted wheel- which happens easily on IFS trucks.

There will be almost no conditions where both front wheels are off the ground together under operation unless you are stuck high center, or your jumping your 100 like a monster truck.

You can extend the sway links should you not feel comfortable with the clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom