Front Bumper Build pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still think it looks like a snow plough(sorry again)

Aussie cruiser said:
Still think it looks like a snow plough(sorry again)

Push it up from the bottom end about 4 inches and lean it out a little bit to get rid of that plough look. nice build though

I know this is your personal preference but here's my rendition of it!! Just remove everything above the yellow line!! Keep up the good work and let us know the total weight (3/16"' all around :eek:

Ali
Landcruiser Bumper 040..small.JPG

PKP80 said:
Push it up from the bottom end about 4 inches and lean it out a little bit to get rid of that plough look. nice build though

He can't...he is doing a good job of hiding the low chassis rails.

Last edited:
Nice build, can't wait to see it painted. How much did you end up spending on steel?

Nice job.

I wish I had these skills. I would have put fog lights in the main bumper and beefer tow points etc.
:beer:

I agree with alia, cut the top off, looks too much like the "intimidator" poser bumpers on all the "supersized" ford/chevy road queens. I think if it wasn't so high, it wouldn't look too low either, it looks low because of he massiveness of the bumper IMHO. Other than that it looks good, wish I could do something like that.:)

there are no holes for d-rings on bumper. note that those square holes are 2.5 x 1/4" tube welded to the 3/8" brackets that are bolted to frame. these holes will take either d rings mounted to 2" reciever tube or a winch. what if I mount a winch??---then where to tow from--I guess I could always bolt the toyota hooks on the frame rails

I like the intimidator look--in fact I like to think of my cruiser a WMD. luckily this bumper is modular making for easy mounting of the 50 cal browning machine gun--we have found that you must be moving at 50mph or the brass from said weapon bounces off pavement and chips the paint. We are having a dificult time integrating the 20mm cannon shown in photo...any ideas?

Last edited:
I like it. On the plus side only won person has to like it -Dusty.

I like that it doesn't have a vertical section at the bottom to get hung up on rocks and ledges like the ARB and some other options that have even more prominate verticals to hit.

Last edited:
Dusty, looks good man! If you care to hear my personal preference i would a) put some bent tube on top like the ARB for protection from deer ect. and b) the sides, i don't like the point at the end.

Still, heck of a lot better than what i have built.

concretejungle said:
Dusty, looks good man! If you care to hear my personal preference i would a) put some bent tube on top like the ARB for protection from deer ect. and b) the sides, i don't like the point at the end.

Still, heck of a lot better than what i have built.

I agree, though you might be able to get away with 1x2 tubing without looking out of place.

I'm currious how you came up with the dims - was it all off the templates you made? You didn't happen to write down any of the dimensions did you, for those of us that would like to copy 95% of it shamelessly?

I hope you don't mind all my paint mods of your photos. It's ment as a complement, I like where you're going, though I'd like to be just a little different.

Last edited:
Looks real good! Next (.02) suggestion: class 3 hitch insert for removable winch!!! If ya only had the time...

or -

kinda bored home sick with bronchitus

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom