Front Bumper Build pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heath, that's right on!

I like the animal strike protection pics. I could put something like that together with square tubing but it would require lots of painfull fabbing and bent tube would be stronger. Man I wish I had a bender. If I had one the above walking eagle pics would be a sure thing-I sincerely like those. while im wishing I also need a 6" Slee lift and 37's...and throw in a turbo please mr Slee. Note that I do have your sticker on my window

Sir those are a pair of class III mounts in front of that bumper to hold a winch (also wishing for that)

The sharper corners of the bumper must stay to punish careless Civics in the parking lot.... "son you need to be a little more carefull when you swing your door open like that. why dont you just give me a twenty so I can get my bumper touched up and you can put the rest of your daddy's insurance money towards patching that hole in your rice burner"

If I get this new job there will be less wishing

Dusty said:
I like the animal strike protection pics. I could put something like that together with square tubing but it would require lots of painfull fabbing and bent tube would be stronger.

bent tube would definately be stronger, but I think the fabing wouldn't be that dificult. Plus, I think 1x2x1/4" tube, even welded would outclass any animal short of a Bull Moose on steroids. I've done square tubing or angle for various little things where I'll just cut out a "V" and then bend it to bring the V together. As angular as the bumper is I think square or rectangular tubing would look good.

Last edited:
silly question, but wtf did you paint it before you finish welding it for? me, i usually just let it rust... :flipoff2:

Definitely a different approach to a front bumper.. I think that the square tubing bullbars (That Walking Eagle posted in #43) would look pretty slick on your bumper.

Also, a custom plate something along the lines of "Tumbler" or "Batmobile" may be appropriate for this bumper too :) Maybe even "stealth" since it looks like it could deflect radar :)

Last edited:
the guy next door mentioned batman also ;) . here are the aprox measurements for the 6 pieces that make up the front. I suggest that if one is to build a bumper such as this with so many pieces it would be wise to mock up as you go. start with the 2 pieces in front-cut them out of steel and tack in place. then work out. I had a perfect bumper out of foam board before using steel but with so many pieces it was necesary change the foam board slightly as the build went lateral. I didn't post demensions for the ends as those must be mocked up when you get there.

Last edited:
Mad Max/Road Warrior

I dunno, guys.

Everytime I look at that thing, I'm thinking Mad Max. Dusty, spool up the ole supercharger (just like CDan does!), fire up some artillery at the bad 'uns and save the day.

That said, it's not all THAT much different from the standard ARB (from pics, to my eye).

Dusty, is that the final paint on the part? Powder Coat? Or just spray? Gloss, low gloss or flat?

Finally...aside from the shameless begging to Christo, what do you see next on your DIY horizon?

Nice work! :cheers:

The look is kinda mad maxie. Larry the "paint" is 48oz of duplicolor bed liner on top of zinc primer. I've never used the stuff but it sprays on nice. time will tell---if it holds up nice I may pull off my rear bumper and paint it with the stuff also.
I need to finish the swing out spare assembly for me rear bumper. I also want to make some armour for the belly--layered in thick plastic. If I didn't have to work a removable exoskeleton would be fun.
I hope this build proves helpfull for someone.

thanx Dusty , for being so generious in the amount of photos with this build.
you givin me plenty of ideas for my front bumper project.

Walking Eagle, im also stealing your retangle tubing scheme.

thanks again ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom