For Sale @ High Desert Cruisers (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wish I had a spare $15 - $20K to spend on a really cool toy. But I will just have to settle for my US spec mall cruiser that patiently waits in the garage for the occasional outing between all the other family commitments that keep me from the woods. I hope to get out before it gets too cold but the pop-up needs some brake work first. And the new tandem fishing Kayak really needs to see some water before it's too cold to get out on the water.

Via email:

My father in law is selling his 1981 FJ60 and just wanted to reach out to make sure it isn't missed in case any of the High Desert Cruisers are in the market.

1981 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60

Appreciate if you could pass that info along to anyone currently looking.

Thank you sir,

Chris van Horn

I have a few things for sale - FJ80 OME 863J rear springs, Running Boards of both the 100 and 80, if anyone is interested send to my inbox. Thanks.

IMG_1662.JPG

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

View attachment 1336078

View attachment 1336074

Last edited:
I'll take the rear mudflaps Matt and tidy up that work bench already :flipoff2:

Not LC related, but ...

I broke the frame on my old MTB/commuter. I'm going to part it out starting with:

*Tire: Forte Metro ST, 26x1.5, wire bead, new, never installed. $10 [pending]
*Tire: GeaX, Street Runner, 26x1.25, wire bead, new, never installed. $10 [pending]
*Innertubes: Forte, presta, 26x1.5-2.0. One still in the box. Two others without the box. All three new and never installed. $3 each.
*Tires: Nokian Mount & Ground W160 studded snow tires, 26x1.9. Only used a few times. I have two. $40 for the pair.
*Tire: WTB VelociRaptor, 26x2.1, wire bead. Lots of usable tread. $10
*Tire: Panaracer FireXCPro. 26x2.1, wire bead. Lots of usable tread. $5.

I also have two sets of wheels. Both 26".

The good set. Deore XT hubs. Mavic rims. Rear has a 32T 8-speed cassette and WTB Velociraptor 2.1" tire. Front tire is a Kenda Nevegal 2.1". $60 for the pair.

The commuter set. Nothing special. Front tire has a Forte Metro-K 1.25". Rear is Forte Metro 1.5". Rear hub is a Shimano Deore. I might have a 30T 8-speed cassette for it someplace. $30

I also have a set of Shimano V-brakes with levers. $20. And, a Shimano XT 8-speed rear derailleur in very used condition. $5.

I just moved to ABQ and hoping to find a LC for my next vehicle. Specifically, I'm on a hunt for a 100 series Land Cruiser or LX470 in/around New Mexico. I'm hoping for a 2003+ with a 5 speed, but generally considering anything right now. I'm obviously watching craigslist but if you see or hear of any 100 series going up for sale, send it my way!

I just moved to ABQ and hoping to find a LC for my next vehicle. Specifically, I'm on a hunt for a 100 series Land Cruiser or LX470 in/around New Mexico. I'm hoping for a 2003+ with a 5 speed, but generally considering anything right now. I'm obviously watching craigslist but if you see or hear of any 100 series going up for sale, send it my way!

Welcome to the hood. There is a for sale Hundy ad right above your post!!! It's a '99 but the low price might be a good way to get you into the world of Cruisers.

Oh, before I forget, here's the official welcome to the Mud board salute :flipoff2:

Thanks! :flipoff2:

It seems that 1999 LC is already sold as the post is deleted and I can't find anything similar currently on CL. I looked at a LX 470 locally with >200k but it needed a bit. Timing belt, tires, rack & pinion, headers, etc. Hard to justify almost 10k with that much work still to do.

I'm really hoping to avoid having to take a trip to AZ or CO to pick one of these up...

Once I find _my_ next 100 series, I'll have to join a local meetups. I've owned almost half a dozen older Toyota tucks and 4Runners, but this will be my first LC entry.

Its pretty rare for 100's to show up locally. I had to take a trip to CO Springs to look at one then turned away after discovering the sales rep lied about the condition. Then ended up finding my LX in Phoenix.

If you do have to go out of state, take a look at one way rentals. I did mine to both CO and AZ for under $60

Thanks! :flipoff2:

It seems that 1999 LC is already sold as the post is deleted and I can't find anything similar currently on CL. I looked at a LX 470 locally with >200k but it needed a bit. Timing belt, tires, rack & pinion, headers, etc. Hard to justify almost 10k with that much work still to do.

I'm really hoping to avoid having to take a trip to AZ or CO to pick one of these up...

Once I find _my_ next 100 series, I'll have to join a local meetups. I've owned almost half a dozen older Toyota tucks and 4Runners, but this will be my first LC entry.

Good luck with the hunt, should be easy enough to fine one. I know that Rami flew to AZ for his Pinky Panty Hundy and Larry picked up his from DEN ala Slee so a road trip might be in your future as well!

Do you have a 4x4 now? If so, Larry and Frank will be at the Puerco fire pit hanging out tonight. GPS coordinates are in the thread. FYI.

I've currently have a shameful AWD wagon w/ no ground clearance. That's probably out for me this time, but give me a week or two....

I had to go to Tucson to find mine after looking locally for a couple months and only seeing a couple for sale and neither of them were what I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom