Builds Fly By Night (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DC82ED83-72A8-48E4-BED1-97A04564A0B1.jpeg

92FCEC58-B8C2-43EC-B567-053062EFF7CB.jpeg

I think that’s well beyond typical bodywork ga, might be a huge investment.

True, but I haven’t used anything less than 14 on any of my patchwork except for the bobm floorpans. 18ga might be fine on boulevard queens, but when the metal is expected to survive many more years in moisture and mud, then I want it thicker.

Combing over some of the endless detail work that needs to be done.
Snapped one of the Phillips head screws that hold the cowl cover on.
Getting a good look at what lies in the inaccessible areas of the cowl. Probably hit it as best as possible with a sand blaster then flood it with a coating like the Mathys Noxide or the like. If you haven’t already, I suggest getting your cover off and hitting this area with some FluidFilm or similar, or maybe even a localized resto job like what @Gordobe did on his.

86382EB0-14CD-49ED-99A1-E3DBE731A711.jpeg

2C372259-8BD0-4B6E-8008-3847FEBEFE65.jpeg

F30E9AD1-9795-48B7-B51A-D4DD95FA994D.jpeg

I have these what look like supports that I think my gas tank used. I don’t see them on yours. There was one on each side. Did you take them off? They just seem like they will catch mud and rust. I wasn’t sure they were there for support of the rear end some how.

I have these what look like supports that I think my gas tank used. I don’t see them on yours. There was one on each side. Did you take them off? They just seem like they will catch mud and rust. I wasn’t sure they were there for support of the rear end some how.

Earlier years bolted to the underside of the tub. My tank mounted to pedestals that bolted to the frame (1977).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom