Floorboard Insulation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any one have good, meaning easy, fix for replacing the interior insulation / soundproofing. (and yes I'm going to fix the hole first)
Thanks

IMAG02033.jpg

search noico...

Cheap, good, easy....pick two! I sprayed mine in and under the floor boards with Lizard Skin products then sprayed Monstaliner bed liner over all of it. Some guys just glue in insulation and seems to work. It all depends on what you're after.

Cheap, good, easy....pick two! I sprayed mine in and under the floor boards with Lizard Skin products then sprayed Monstaliner bed liner over all of it. Some guys just glue in insulation and seems to work. It all depends on what you're after.
The main goal is to stop my 14 year old from commenting about how gross it is and that I should get it fixed everytime she gets in that truck.

The main goal is to stop my 14 year old from commenting about how gross it is and that I should get it fixed everytime she gets in that truck.

Good luck with that!!!

Damn, is that a hole on the vertical firewall?

We used Dyno Mat in the floors doors, roof etc Then Carpet over the top on floors. We had no floor rust so we didn't to treat the rust before we applied to insulation. cuts noise, heat, leaks. ight make your favorite ride more acceptable to the :princess:

upload_2017-12-3_8-26-11.png

We used Dyno Mat in the floors doors, roof etc Then Carpet over the top on floors.

I’m thinking you need to update your build thread with more pictures/words soon, you keep teasing us like this and we’re going to start sharpening our pitchforks.

Any one have good, meaning easy, fix for replacing the interior insulation / soundproofing. (and yes I'm going to fix the hole first)
Thanks

I used black floor mat for walk in utility vans, about 5/8” thick rubber with a thick black textured vinyl surface making it look sort of factory and giving excellent sound deadening with a durable surface all in one.

Utilimaster - Parts & Accessories

Look for Part #: 14200607

More info here: Target carrier

used a areospace , fire retardant paint with glass beeds for insulation as a air gap .nice but way spendy

Used a self-adhesive, Dynomat-like product called (really) Cruiser Crap on the floor, inside firewall, door and cargo areas and inside the tailgate. Can't recall the vendor right now but found it here on MUD. Not exactly a Mercedes but a whole other vehicle so far as noise and heat. In retrospect, wish I'd used it on the roof but used the usual type mat under the headliner when the shop that did the install worried about adhesion and heat.
Anything will be an improvement over the big boomy tin box that left the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom