FJC with FJ40 emblems - How does it look ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole said:
I think it's sad that people bitch about a vehicle that TLCA supports and writes about, Woody who gains business from vendors who advertise, and people buy it thinking they are joining a community only to be pushed away by people who cannot get over the fact that it is not what they wanted. How about putting you opinions aside for the good of the cruiser community. Nobody gains from ill will toward the FJ.

You said that so much ... I dunno, "nicer" ... than I would have.

Trollhole said:
How about putting you opinions aside for the good of the cruiser community. Nobody gains from ill will toward the FJ.

So its okay for you to publish your opinion, but everyone else has to shut up if they don't agree? What makes these forums dynamic is the opposing views. No one is arbitrarily trashing the FJC, the TLCA or Woody or IH8MUD. People are exchanging views, expressing opinions and sharing experiences...and not everyone is going to agree all the time. I doubt any new FJC owners are thin skinned enough to take any of this real serious to the extent they go off and sell their FJ Cruiser.

Your right I don't think anyone would sell it just because a forum continuously brought up the same discussion time after time after time. But some might go somewhere else where the crowd was a little more positive about the vehicle they just spent 30k on. You lose, they lose because this is a great forum, the TLCA loses because they lose a potential member and vendors will spend there advertising money where they feel they will have good coverage.

It's a shame that this has turned into another "Is it a Land Cruiser thread?"

It started off so well.

Chat.

Trollhole said:
You lose, they lose because this is a great forum, the TLCA loses because they lose a potential member and vendors will spend there advertising money where they feel they will have good coverage.
It's a shame that this has turned into another "Is it a Land Cruiser thread?"

IMO there is no way that these exchanges are going to drive people away. The thread started about how Land Cruiser emblems looked on the FJC. Is that not in direct correlation to the bigger issue of pedigree....."Is it a Land Cruiser?" I think its a healthy conversation because it gives guys like me (and lots of other purists lingering here) a chance to hear the perspectives of the new owners. If all we do is jerk each other off in a mutual admiration society, then we'll be just like the Jeep clubs. :D

Last year, a bunch of Toyota 4Runner engineers from Japan came to Denver and took some of us to dinner. We sent all our 'Runner guys. Turns out the engineers couldn't understand why the new Runner wasn't selling like the old one. They view their competition as the Ford Exploder. They were explaining to our guys how they wanted to make the next gen 4Runner BIGGER! Our guys told them: look, you hit a home run right out of the gate, and you've been compromising it ever since. Make it smaller, cheaper, and keep the fun and reliability, and more people will buy them again.

They were pretty surprised at our comments. Whether they take our advise to heart or not, we made an impression. They were really awed by some of the massively modified 1st gen Runners in the parking lot.

But no one from Toyota has ever asked us anything about Land Cruisers.

can i just like my fjc for what it is without giving a crap about yota history? i didnt buy this thing to be a torch holder but to wheel the crap out of it. only thing im sticking on my fjc is the 4x4 rear emblem cuz im pissed that yota forgot to include any decent badging on the truck. if someone comes up with "toyota FJCruiser" with similar styling id slap that on my truck. id rather not piss off purists - same reason i wont put any 'fxxx jeep' stickers on my truck. i just wanna wheel, have a sandwich and have a couple beers with some friends.

fj 40 -> fjc? who the hell cares.

Cali_FJC said:
can i just like my fjc for what it is without giving a crap about yota history? i didnt buy this thing to be a torch holder but to wheel the crap out of it. only thing im sticking on my fjc is the 4x4 rear emblem cuz im pissed that yota forgot to include any decent badging on the truck. if someone comes up with "toyota FJCruiser" with similar styling id slap that on my truck. id rather not piss off purists - same reason i wont put any 'fxxx jeep' stickers on my truck. i just wanna wheel, have a sandwich and have a couple beers with some friends.

fj 40 -> fjc? who the hell cares.

I understand and maybe it shouldn't matter to FJC owners. I think that the FJC needs time to build it's own rep.

But from a LC owner's perspective, they are very proud of the history. It's one of the things that makes the LC special. I honestly think the LC's are special and built as the "ultimate" suv. (apologies to the 40 crowd)

Toyota also thinks it's something special too b/c it's used as a major marketing tool. It is a legendary nameplate around the world

In theory the FJC seems like an adaptation of the 40 but really, it's more a US verson of the 3 dr Prado or adaptation of the 70 series.

I wish Toyota would make a 06 FJ40 ! removable top, doors, flip down windscreen, sfa... I guess I just described a Jeep Rubicon.. I hope Toyota goes down this road too.

I still think the FJC is really cool. I liked it once I sat in it more than from pics.
But I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me to see a LC emblem on it.

It is not a Prado, It is not a LC, it's not a 4runner, it's not a Tacoma. I personally think it's the FJ Cruiser. It's own thing. Like some other members said, I think it's a healthy attempt to bring back the more off-road-not-50k-rig.
I mean in Venezuela (lived there for about 12 years) you still have the 07 80 series being the US' 50k LC and then you have a cheaper alternative the 07 70 series being the Current US' FJ Cruiser(yes not a cruiser but the equivalent in the american market) Though over there there literally unlimited places to use the Land Cruiser and to wheel it, here there are a lot more malls, college girls and soccer moms that's why Toyota took a more "girly" or not so hardcore approach in the US market, and believe or not we are a minority and they don't give 2 s***s about what we think or want. They just care about those soccer moms that'll pitch them the $50k check which outnumber us by like 1000000 to 1.

Oh btw here's me and my FJ at the "hottest" mall in town

carlos2.jpg

one day i will have my fj40 as well, 'when the kids get older and you have more time' the wife tells me. id approve of some badging that was unique to the fjc instead of taking another trucks badging. it does look cool. but somethins not quite right about it. you all now have me thinkin im gonna slap a yugo emblem on the back now. that'd be hott.

k_os said:
It is not a Prado, It is not a LC, it's not a 4runner, it's not a Tacoma. I personally think it's the FJ Cruiser. It's own thing.

-and I agree with you. So back to the topic, I guess you don't like the LC emblem on the FJC either

that's why Toyota took a more "girly" or not so hardcore approach in the US market, and believe or not we are a minority and they don't give 2 s***s about what we think or want.

-If you think this, than Toyota marketing completely failed.
That is all they advertise to and want exposure in- the offroaders. That is where all their ad resources are going.
I think they did a good job and are smart- it has convinced many skeptics here about the capability of the FJC.

FirstToy said:
That is where all their ad resources are going.

Doubt it... if that was the case we should have gotten SFA or at least a front locker.

For what it is though I believe it is a great truck.

Trollhole said:
I think it's sad that people bitch about a vehicle that TLCA supports and writes about, Woody who gains business from vendors who advertise, and people buy it thinking they are joining a community only to be pushed away by people who cannot get over the fact that it is not what they wanted. How about putting you opinions aside for the good of the cruiser community. Nobody gains from ill will toward the FJ.

I say if you think the emblem looks good thats all that should matter. I think it's better than a chevy emblem on a 40. Nobody seems to complain about that. It would be cool to see a FJ Cruiser emblem done in the same style.

I agree with Trollhole. I have not been active in posting comments to this site, but I have followed it for all the great advice and opinions in the past 2 years. (joined April 04 so yes I am guilty mainly of "lurking"):eek: . If I were not already familiar with many of the personalities on this board, I would view it as hostile toward the FJC. I happen to be in the process of restoring my FJ40, and I am waiting for my new FJC to be delivered for my wife. She learned to drive in the 40 that I am restoring so we are familiar with the vehicles. I think that the zeal with which the purists defend the 40 is valid, but comes across to those new to the culture as being hostile. Just my 2 cents.

k_os said:
They just care about those soccer moms that'll pitch them the $50k check which outnumber us by like 1000000 to 1.

Incorrect.

Toyota sold about 200 Land Cruisers last month.
Toyota sold about 2,300 FJ Cruisers in about 7 days at the end of last month.

Toyota cares about the FJC and the sales numbers prove that there are new car buyers out there that will scarf up all the FJC's and they are passing on the new $50k Land Cruisers.

-B-

FirstToy said:
I wish Toyota would make a 06 FJ40 ! removable top, doors, flip down windscreen, sfa... I guess I just described a Jeep Rubicon.. I hope Toyota goes down this road too.

They had every chance with the work they did with TLC. If you have seen the Icon, then you can see that they had at least one option laid on the table (though I think even it was way overdone.) Clearly they are after a segment just beyond the Wrangler and XTerra buyer and the FJC design confirms it. If ever they were going to build a "new" FJ-40 it would have been now. Which bodes the question...."Where can they possibly take the FJC when it comes time for a redesign?" Maybe if enough of you buyers wheel the hell out of it, they take it back that direction.

Beowulf said:
Toyota cares about the FJC and the sales numbers prove that there are new car buyers out there that will scarf up all the FJC's and they are passing on the new $50k Land Cruisers.-B-

I disagree. The $50K Land Cruiser buyer is not the FJC buyer. The FJC will not succeed at the expense of the 100 Series. Watch the 100 Series sales numbers...they will not change.

Back on the subject of the logo, nowhere in this forum (that I have read) has anyone posed the question, "Why didn't Toyota put the Land Cruiser moniker on this truck?"

And for the record, I hope no one interprets my posts as hostile towards the FJC. I am a co-founder of Lone Star Land Cruisers here in Texas and I am an active supporter of all things Toyota and offroad. I am also thinking I may buy one as well, once the frenzy settles.

Last edited:
elmariachi said:
I disagree. The $50K Land Cruiser buyer is not the FJC buyer. The FJC will not succeed at the expense of the 100 Series. Watch the 100 Series sales numbers...they will not change.

You're disagreeing with something I didn't say or you didn't read; or both. The OP stated that Toyota only cares about the LC buyers and that the LC buyers outnumber the FJC buyers by a million to 1. My point was that Toyota *does* care about the FJC buyers and that those buyers outnumbered the LC buyers in March by 10 to 1. I'm guessing the FJC buyers will outnumber the LC buyers more like 50 to 1 in the next year.

I didn't say anything about the FJC succeeding at the expense of the LC and I didn't say anything about the buyers being the same.

-B-

Beowulf said:
I didn't say anything about the FJC succeeding at the expense of the LC and I didn't say anything about the buyers being the same.

I see now that you were referring back to the prior poster on page 3, which I missed in reading your post. My apologies.

Last edited:
elmariachi said:
My apologies.

No problem. I was referring to post #88 :cheers:

-B-

elmariachi said:
You and I might need to go back over to our 80 Series forum. :D

I expect they'll boot me out of here soon. :D

I really like the FJC and expect it to be a big success. I'm seeing 1 or 2 a day now; not always the same ones either and my daily commute is 5 miles each way twice a day. You can pick them out a mile away with the white top and distinctive front grill.

We're wheeling with the Central FJCruiser Trail Team this weekend and I plan to drive one if I can get my wife to take the 80 for a few miles. It is not at all likely that I will replace the 80 but I have a 13yo that will be driving in a couple of years and we might get a used one for him if the good Lord's willin' and the Creek don't rise. (a little Texas idiom for 'ya. :D )

-B-

Beowulf said:
I expect they'll boot me out of here soon. :D

Yea, I keep expecting a PM from Woody.:D

Beowulf said:
You can pick them out a mile away with the white top and distinctive front grill.

I have yet to see one out of captivity in this town of 6 million. :confused:

Beowulf said:
It is not at all likely that I will replace the 80 but I have a 13yo that will be driving in a couple of years and we might get a used one for him if the good Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise. (a little Texas idiom for 'ya.

I've got two of them going to college in 4 years...just about the right time to be picking up a couple used lease-offs. They have both already asked for one, and they don't give a s^%t what its called either. :cool: But their mother refused to trade her Jag XJR for one yesterday afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom