FJC with FJ40 emblems - How does it look ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJMouse said:
Question:

Why didn't the FJ come with a 4 WD emblem on the back? Everyone keeps saying to me, "That is nice, but you should have gotten 4 WD." I tell them it is and they laugh and say, "If it was it would say it". :confused:
Who needs an emblem to say if it is a 4x4 or not? I think they look goofy. It's like the old ones on the first EFI cars. Who cares if it's injected?
In the future, when they say it isn't 4x4, tell them to try to follow you then.:hillbilly:

A comment or two....

Interestingly enough, EVERY SINGLE FJC owner (myself included) that ownes one, LOVES it.

Second comment, I would bet that the new FJC properly equipt with locker and ATRAC is the most capable Toyota 4X4 ever. (especially with a proper front bumper and good tires)

Third comment: It SEEMS to me that the little short snotty remarks are mostly from folks with a 20-30 year old LC who are probably a little.... well, lets just say that I bet they would give up their old LC for the new ultra reliable, powerful, more capable FJC in about one second if opportunity...knocked.

To me, having a land cruiser means owning the most capable, most reliable vehicle available.

Call it what you want, but the FJC is as reliable as they get, and probably more capable than any Toyota yet. Again...... call it what ever you want. I couldnt care less.

This "FJC is a Land Cruiser not a Land Cruiser" discussion has been rehashed many times here. Somebody resurrected this thread from April when it had already appropriately died. Let's not go through this again. Please?

I'm going to stick mt 4WB emblem from my 60 on the rear...
if i ever get the *&%@$#% thing!

lllateralus said:
call it what ever you want. I couldnt care less.

If people didn't care, they wouldn't be posting about how they didn't care ;)

There is a very long thread in chit-chat on this topic. People that are really into discussing this should look there.:cheers:

I'm fine with it -- at least it doesn't say HUMMER. :bounce: :eek: :bounce2:

lllateralus said:
I would bet that the new FJC properly equipt with locker and ATRAC is the most capable Toyota 4X4 ever. (especially with a proper front bumper and good tires)

And I'll take that bet. How much ya wagering? :D

Don't get me wrong, I love the FJC and very likely will buy one for my son when he starts driving in a year or 2 or maybe for myself. Most capable Toyota 4x4 ever??? Nope, not even close.

-B-

Beowulf said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the FJC and very likely will buy one for my son when he starts driving in a year or 2 or maybe for myself. Most capable Toyota 4x4 ever??? Nope, not even close.

-B-

I don't know about most capable ever...but a very stong argument could be made that if you were to grade the vehicle on driveability (daily), safety, economy, room, comfort AND off-road ability it would be VERY hard to beat.

gearguywb said:
I don't know about most capable ever...but a very stong argument could be made that if you were to grade the vehicle on driveability (daily), safety, economy, room, comfort AND off-road ability it would be VERY hard to beat.

GX470 and 4R have more comfort and room and the same (or better) safety and economy. Same drive train. More cost, but that wasn't a criteria.

The FJC is what it is. It's a fine 4x4. It looks kewl and has power and will be supported well in the aftermarket. There are several other Toyotas that were more capable 4x4 vehicles; some were available in the US market but most were not.

-B-

Beowulf said:
There are several other Toyotas that were more capable 4x4 vehicles; some were available in the US market but most were not.

Just curious, which ones are you referring to? BTW, this is going to Chit-Chat pretty shortly. ;)

Most of the 70 series; especially the 78 series. The 80 series for sure is more capable than the FJC; both petrol and diseasel, manual and automatics. The 105 series with SFA would certainly be a contender as the most capable Toyota 4x4. There was a JDM successor to the 40 that had more modern vehicle amenities and of course the mega-buck Mega Cruiser would have to be a contender for the most capable Toyota 4x4. The FJC would be considerably behind all of the above.

-B-

1. Stock solid front and rear axles.
2. Stock front, center, and rear locking differentials,
3. 33" tyres on stock suspension; 35" tyres with moderate mods
(this translates to more stock ground clearance)
4. Full Floating rear axle
5. Most chassis components are much heavier duty than FJC components.
6. Genuine Land Cruiser badges :D

-B-

Last edited:
Beowulf said:
1. Stock solid front and rear axles.
2. Stock front, center, and rear locking differentials,
3. 33" tyres on stock suspension; 35" tyres with moderate mods
(this translates to more stock ground clearance)
4. Full Floating rear axle
5. Most chassis components are much heavier duty than FJC components.
6. Genuine Land Cruiser badges :D

-B-

Doesn't the Wrangler have most of that? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Beowulf said:

-B-

I would wager anything. You think that there is somewhere that huge 'land cruiser' will go that the FJC wouldnt be capable of getting to?

Your crazy IMO. With the FJC's extremely short overhangs, (especially with a good front bumper) and clearance, there isnt anywhere any of the older cruisers will go that the FJC wont go. The fact that it has a solid front axle is a moot point. So does the FJ40, and the wrangler. (and the FJC is more capable than both, the Rubi with its small size, light weight and full lockers being the exception most likely)

The 'mega buck' cruiser is very large, pretty low, and its overhangs are pretty big, not to mention its weight. To say that the FJCs off road ability is 'behind' that thing is well, pretty funny.

The FJC is IMO the perfect width, length, enough clearance, short overhangs, etc to be the most capable Toyota SOLD IN AMERICA yet, which it so say that I am not familiar enough with overseas yotas.

Install a 3" lift, ~35's, and replace the plastic with some steel for protection and better angles, and I doubt that there is any near stock vehicle that will do better.

Near stock, for near stock, I dont see the following vehicle being more capable than the FJC. But at least is has 3 rows of seats!:cheers:

lllateralus said:
I would wager anything. You think that there is somewhere that huge 'land cruiser' will go that the FJC wouldnt be capable of getting to?

Your crazy IMO.

Illiteratus,

Your exhuberance for the FJC is overpowering your logic. Your ignorance of the Toyota 4x4 market is also showing. You pictured a 100 Series when the 105 Series was suggested as being a more capable 4x4 than the FJC.

Here is a 105 Series
794.jpg

They are used around the world for things like this:
cruisers.jpeg

... and this ...
100_6.jpeg

To understand more about the 70 Series you can read about them here. You can also browse the Toyota of Gilbratar site (same link) to get more information on the 105 series and how Toyota builds these for the 4x4 markets around the world.

-B-

Last edited:
greytandy said:
Doesn't the Wrangler have most of that? ;) ;) ;) ;)

The Wrangler has solid axles
The Rubicon has F&R lockers but not the center diff lock.
The Rubicon does not have a full-floater rear axle.

And most importantly, the Wrangler does not have #6. ;)

-B-

Thanks, but I am aware that I pictured a 100 series. BUT, I did misread your post with regards to the 'mega buck' cruiser. For some reason I thought you were refering to the luxurious 100 series, but uppon re-reading your post, you stated the 'mega buck mega cruiser' which is a huge cruiser that we never had the pleasure of getting here in the states, correct?

I still maintain that a near stock FJC (3" lift, 35's, sliders/bumper) is more capable than any previously released US LC.

I could be wrong, but thats why its just my opinion. Like I said, I believe the FJC is a good combo of flexability, clearance, app/dep angles, wheelbase and traction aids to be up there.

ps. thanks for the link. good information, and interesting to see some of the newer models not available to us.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom