fj80 and lx450 ps pump rebuild (2 Viewers)

Does anyone know the part number for just the gear? I clamped it with wood, but it still spun and now it's a little noisier than I'd like.

Any tips for getting the blind snap ring down for the bearing w/o trashing the shaft would be much apppreciated. Yes, the shaft is taped off but my two small screwdriver chopstick skills are apparently lacking.......

You shouldn't have to fight it.
..... And you should be using snap ring pliers.
If it wont go down, you should double check the shaft or bearing depth.
Needle nose pliers are an alternative.
A ring clamp could maybe work.

Thanks for the guide, I rebuilt mine this past weekend. My experience with the external snap clip on the bearing shaft was challenging as well.

I ended up putting the shaft in a vice with a socket against the tapered bit to keep some pressure on the snap clip (w/ blocks of wood to prevent damage to the shaft). Then I used a set up picks to wiggle the clip onto the shaft.

Thanks for the guide, I rebuilt mine this past weekend. My experience with the external snap clip on the bearing shaft was challenging as well.

I ended up putting the shaft in a vice with a socket against the tapered bit to keep some pressure on the snap clip (w/ blocks of wood to prevent damage to the shaft). Then I used a set up picks to wiggle the clip onto the shaft.
You should look at all the trouble you had removing and installing that snap ring as the perfect opportunity to tell your wife she needs to let you spent more money on tools.

You should look at all the trouble you had removing and installing that snap ring as the perfect opportunity to tell your wife she needs to let you spent more money on tools.
Might have too approach that once she gets over the pump being on the kitchen table over the weekend 😬 I'll be left dreaming of a shop press til then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom