FJ62's Overheating. Several of us don't know why. (2 Viewers)

Visit site
Boycott Amazon and eBay.... or buy at your own risk.
I will only purchase parts from a known Toyota parts dealer.

Visit site
What is the difference between FCT-049 and FCT-017? I have a new FCT-017 and potential overheating issues. and I have not driven it enough to hear the roar, it overheated on the maiden voyage but that might have been user error and a burping issue.

Update. And Went ahead and ordered the FCT-049. Did some searches. Haven't heard the FCT-017 spool up yet. I can possibly take apart the FCT-017 and use my RC shock oil and try a different viscosity later.
Where did you order it from?

Visit site
It should be blatantly obvious if your fan clutch is engaging. The OEM Aisin fan clutches will nearly free-wheel when the engine doesn't need cooling, but when they heat up, they engage HARD. The fan absolutely roars. I have a magnaflow muffler on my 62 (not a particularly loud muffler), and if you rev the engine to ~2,500-3,000 RPM the fan is FAR louder than the exhaust.

Here's a good video demonstrating how loud a mechanical fan can get when locked up:
If you're hitting 230-240*F and the fan isn't that loud - then either your radiator is plugged or your fan clutch is bad.

Visit site
It should be blatantly obvious if your fan clutch is engaging. The OEM Aisin fan clutches will nearly free-wheel when the engine doesn't need cooling, but when they heat up, they engage HARD. The fan absolutely roars. I have a magnaflow muffler on my 62 (not a particularly loud muffler), and if you rev the engine to ~2,500-3,000 RPM the fan is FAR louder than the exhaust.

Here's a good video demonstrating how loud a mechanical fan can get when locked up:
If you're hitting 230-240*F and the fan isn't that loud - then either your radiator is plugged or your fan clutch is bad.

Wow, mine has never done that. New fan clutch it is! I'm feeling pretty good about this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom