For Sale FJ62 Turbo Bio-Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Vehicle description:
DSC_7963.JPG

1989 FJ62 Turbo bio-diesel outfitted with 480ft pounds of torque pushing Cummins 4BTA. Dyno tested in Longmont CO.

Rebuilt NV4500 5 speed transmission.

Rebuilt transfer case

New Bosch fuel pump is about 4 years old.

Performance Kevlar clutch, no heating or warping of pressure plate.

Performance exhaust

Inner cooler and auxiliary electric cooling fan mated to a brand new aluminum radiator.

Amsoil Remote duel bypass oil filtrations system; only AMSOIL full synthetic throughout

DSC_7743.jpg

HD Old man Emu lift with 6” anti reversal shackles, U bolt skid plates and Front shackle reversal kit installed

ARB Front and Rear differential lockers with new onboard compressor

Upgraded Birfield front axels and new rear axels

cut and turned front axle knuckles with steel gussets added for extra strength.

Rebuilt knuckles with new seals and bearings

High Performance front and rear disk brake conversions with steel braded clutch and brake lines.

DSC_8012.JPG

Electric Emergency brake system mounted next to ignition kill switch.

Dual deep cycle marine batteries with additional dedicated fuse box to aux battery.

10,000 pound TMAX winch with snatch block and extra straps.

ARB front bumper w/ fog lights & Custom rock crawler rear bumper with 8k 8” aircraft aluminum dropped hitch.

37” Hankook MT's on new 16” rims.

¾ ton Chevy tie rods

Room for Auxiliary fuel tank available

Nissan Titan runner boards.

Interior:

BMW performance bucket seats

DSC_1968.jpg

cargo and drop gate LED lighting/ perfect when camping or cooking off the rear fold down gate.

Tinted window all around.

Custom sound system with duel amps and 12” sub, includes all new wiring.

Dyno matted the crap out of this one, plus extra floor padding added.

Fold down 13” TV/DVD player with remote.

Custom performance gages includes: Exhaust temp, aux fuel tank, engine temp, oil pressure, and turbo vac/pressure.

Black ultra tough upholstery. Small seam on driver side opened up.

Rear slider windows

Rugged rubber mat installed in rear portion and diamond rubber mat in the front portions.

Utility rails installed either side of rear compartment; even has a doggie dish mount.

Additional details:
DSC_7977.JPG

Motor has aprox 150-180k on it and it still runs like a watch. Has a few battle scars/ pin striping, few dents and a bit of rust on passenger side rear wheel-well.

asking 26k, with resent upgrades.
located in Boulder Colorado.

Toyota Landcruiser Turbo Bio-Diesel

Last edited:
Wow!! Very nice! Best of luck on getting it sold. Hope it goes to a mudder.

Regarding weight, the breaks and drive train can handle a lot, wheel base and hitch height will be you concern. I was able to "comfortably tow around 2,500 lbs with my last trailer, however i built that trailer to fit the height of the hitch so it would plane properly down the road. if you try to tow a Uhaul trailer or something that is much lower then the hitch, it would likely fish tail all over the street, even dry.

Got it. I am looking for a hunting/work rig and it seems the lift and tires might be an issue.

looks like my cruiser is going to my good man in Virginia. Interesting that i originally purchased this cruiser as a project from a gentleman of that same state; Its as if she's going home to run her victory lap. Congrats my man, Im sure she will take care of you and your family as well as she did mine.

Please update this as sold if it is gone. Many threads on here are still open but the truck is long gone.

This is the second time I missed out on buying this truck. I saw it for sale about 3 years ago on craigslist. I saved all the pictures and info in that original listing so I could steal some idea's. Quite an awesome rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom