fj62 fuel pump bracket interchangeability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know if another Toyota bracket would work?

Seems like a dumb design, not having the top part attaching to the tank and the hard lines included with the fuel pump assembly.

This part for FJ62 is discontinued from Toyota, FYI, so it's something to think about for anyone else that may have rotted out hard lines .

When I installed the 62 fuel tank/bracket/pump in my 60, I was lucky enough to have enough "good" hard line on the bracket assembly that I could cut off the rotted section and go to fuel injection rated soft line with hose clamps to tie the bracket hard lines into the chassis hard line. Not ideal, as the hose clamp connections at the bracket are inaccessible and unseen without dropping the tank, but so far so good.

When I installed the 62 fuel tank/bracket/pump in my 60, I was lucky enough to have enough "good" hard line on the bracket assembly that I could cut off the rotted section and go to fuel injection rated soft line with hose clamps to tie the bracket hard lines into the chassis hard line. Not ideal, as the hose clamp connections at the bracket are inaccessible and unseen without dropping the tank, but so far so good.

Unfortunately, not an option for me.
IMG_0085.JPG

No love there. That is pretty ugly.

it's the fuel pick up that's different between the 60 and 62 right? the sending units are the same? are the fj60 and bj60 tanks the same?

not sure fj to bj, but yes fj60 and 62 senders are same; don't think the pick up is the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom