Fj60 om617 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all new here since there isn’t a whole lot of info on the om617 turbo diesel swap Iv been told to post it all on here will update as I go but for now I have the donor car and adopter plate on the way

A1E10719-1240-4D62-9A55-26743E2D01E4.jpeg

This thread references an adapter kit to the stock FJ60 4 speed.

I don't see it mentioned on the company page but if you don't already have the adapter you might reach out to them

otherwise I would be curious to see what adapter/transmission you are using.

The 4x4labs is the kit I just ordered my bad I’m using the stock h42 trans will also be doing a compound turbo set up on it

The 4x4labs is the kit I just ordered my bad I’m using the stock h42 trans will also be doing a compound turbo set up on it

Cool. which adapter kit do you use? I only saw one listed for the W56 trans and for the R150/151. Also which car did you pull the engine from and I am assuming other than starter and alternator the engine is all mechanical?

I found it

the kit uses the stock Toyota flywheel starter and clutch I will be doing a gm 1wire alternator the engine is out of an 81 300SD with 160k miles

the kit uses the stock Toyota flywheel starter and clutch I will be doing a gm 1wire alternator the engine is out of an 81 300SD with 160k miles
Looking forward to seeing the conversion and the results.

Cool, one of my friends has a compound OM617 in his 4runner. He finally just blew the head gasket after 100k miles of absolute abuse, I think it would work pretty well in a 60 if you keep the rest of the truck relatively light.

Cool, one of my friends has a compound OM617 in his 4runner. He finally just blew the head gasket after 100k miles of absolute abuse, I think it would work pretty well in a 60 if you keep the rest of the truck relatively light.
that’s my biggest fear Iv done this swap in a Jeep Wrangler on one tons and 38s but nothing this heavy I guess we will find out

Also which car did you pull the engine from and I am assuming other than starter and alternator the engine is all mechanical?

Yes all mechanical engine utilizing vacuum to shut the fuel off to the motor. My 300SD is a top end (for it's day) luxury car that can actually be driven without a battery OR alternator (but no lights, heat, radio etc.)

Does the adapter work with the h55??

Yes it does. In the process of building a 78 fj55 with the om 617 and an H55F/split case. Good product and relatively easy to install.

74AA48A5-6628-480E-9991-10B0B091F86A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom