FJ60 mint steering wheel value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was going to use a wheel from an AE86 corolla but i dont think its going to work the length is a little long

What SOR used to do (and maybe still does) is sell used stuff 50% cheaper than new retail price. New retail prices for every part on the cruiser whether they’re available or not I found at

Those aren't Toyota list retail prices. They are just indicative prices from "once upon a time" and could have come from any one of several different countries. I use the website all the time but I don't reference the prices at all.

here is a reference point:

Geez, those are more expensive than i thought. Really wish i could find a smaller wheel, but i think the AE86 wheel isnt going to work out

You can always get an adapter hub and then Source any of a multitude of aftermarket wheels.

You can always get an adapter hub and then Source any of a multitude of aftermarket wheels.

Yeah i just liked the ae86 wheel because it still says toyota on it but is a more modern ish wheel. If you look at this pic, what makes me think it wont work is the back of it has this protrusion coming out of the back of it. I am unsure if my steering shaft will be able to make it all the way through the steering wheel

s-l1600.jpg

the steering shaft only passes into the steering wheel hub enough for the lock nut and washer to thread on and tighten. The bigger question for you is: 1) do the splines match and is the depth of the wheel and hub work in the 60. If you install it you might find it sits way too far back towards your chest....or worse towards the ceiling if the tilt is high or low etc. If the wheel itself unbolts from the hub then you can likely find or have an adapter hub made. You could take a trashed FJ60 steering wheel and cut out the splined section....and use it in a new housing...would take some thinking and work but is doable....this is assuming you cannot find an existing adapter (grant I believe makes or used to make one.)

Looks like this inside?

1635860920877.png

Yep that is the wheel, I just messaged the seller and he sent me a picture of a measuring tape through the center of it, its measuring 10cm through the center with that 45184 cover in your photo. The splines are the same. I just do not know if i have enough steering shaft protrusion for it to fit all the way through that steering wheel and still be able to get the nut on the end of it. I need to measure my shaft itself to see if it will fit on there. I sent him some photos of the measurements to double check the 10CM is from the flange to flange of the splined areas. It looks like @GA Architect installed one on a FJ40 at some point

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom