FJ60 mint steering wheel value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to ditch my OEM steering wheel in my FJ60, its in excellent condition, just wondering if anyone knew the value of these things? The wheel im looking at buying is like $400 so anything helps on selling the old one

I can’t imagine anyone ever needing or wanting another stock steering wheel. They never wear out and the only thing that would wreck it is a full on head on collision - maybe

I can’t imagine anyone ever needing or wanting another stock steering wheel. They never wear out and the only thing that would wreck it is a full on head on collision - maybe

Yeah i kind of figured that, but who knows theres always someone out there with a sun faded one or something

What SOR used to do (and maybe still does) is sell used stuff 50% cheaper than new retail price. New retail prices for every part on the cruiser whether they’re available or not I found at

What color is your stock wheel? I might be interested in it. My blue one has faded to yucky brownish...

What SOR used to do (and maybe still does) is sell used stuff 50% cheaper than new retail price. New retail prices for every part on the cruiser whether they’re available or not I found at

Oh nice! Thanks ill check it out!

What color is your stock wheel? I might be interested in it. My blue one has faded to yucky brownish...

Here it is. The ring on the back is still in good working order as my horn works perfectly. those spots on the lower spoke are just dust, im in the middle of an engine swap and its dirty inside the truck

HMdDiSkl.jpg

I think there's a tiny market (but a market, nonetheless) for these. There have been 60s out there for sale with non-oem steering wheels that a new owner might want to revert back.
I wouldn't think $100-$150 is too wild.

FWIW. I have recently bought and sold FJ62 and FZJ80 steering wheels in the $100-$150 range. Just depends on condition and how badly someone wants to replace the one they have.
People pick at them and they wear away or the rubber starts to slide around on the inner wheel, which some people find unpleasing. I dont know who wrenches on a steering wheel so hard that end up happening. OR who is such a nervous/anxious tweaker enough to pick the steering wheel covering off like a meth head picks scabs.
What is wrong with you people?

FWIW. I have recently bought and sold FJ62 and FZJ80 steering wheels in the $100-$150 range. Just depends on condition and how badly someone wants to replace the one they have.
People pick at them and they wear away or the rubber starts to slide around on the inner wheel, which some people find unpleasing. I dont know who wrenches on a steering wheel so hard that end up happening. OR who is such a nervous/anxious tweaker enough to pick the steering wheel covering off like a meth head picks scabs.
What is wrong with you people?

lol. i guess how hard you pull on the wheel depends on how well your power steering works!!

i know the annual heat cold cycles here in canada took a toll on my 62 steering wheel and the cover became loose on the metal wheel. it was a little annoying but i ended up doing a tight leather wrap and that motion seems to have stopped. don’t know exactly why but maybe it has compressed the foam just enough to make a difference. i had looked for a new steering wheel to experiment making my own heated wheel but didnt want to pay the $150 for one in decent shape just to experiment. i’d say that’s a reasonable going rate

There are people on eBay trying to get $1000-$2000 for a clean Fj60 steering wheel. Not sure I’ve seen any of them actually sell one at that price yet.

Great! I noticed that the ones on ebay were priced a little ridiculously high. The steering wheel i am wanting to order has to be shipped from japan so im not quite ready to sell mine yet, but the more i can get for it will offset the price of the new one. To me im not a fan of the large diameter on the oem wheel when the truck has power steering. Going with something a little bit smaller. I might throw it on ebay for like 100-200 less than the other people just to mess with them haha

I think there's a tiny market (but a market, nonetheless) for these. There have been 60s out there for sale with non-oem steering wheels that a new owner might want to revert back.
I wouldn't think $100-$150 is too wild.
This is my experience. I bought the cruiser with an aftermarket wheel and (years later AND years ago) bought a used OEM one. It's not as nice as yours but good enough. I accessorized with a leather cover.

This is my experience. I bought the cruiser with an aftermarket wheel and (years later AND years ago) bought a used OEM one. It's not as nice as yours but good enough. I accessorized with a leather cover.

Nice that makes me feel better. Hard to stomach spending $400 on a freaking steering wheel

I paid like $250 for mine. PO replaced it with some silly steering wheel. wsant an easy find tbh....

if to aa NON MUD member, like Ebay,FB MKT place, CL ect...I dnt think youd have it long if you price it $300!

if ya ever sell your dash...HMU :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was planning on listing it at like 250-300 and just seeing what happens I guess. The wheel I want is super expensive but awesome.

I was planning on listing it at like 250-300 and just seeing what happens I guess. The wheel I want is super expensive but awesome.
Man, you can't say stuff like that and not post a link for the new one lol. Let's see that awesome thing!

I am curious what steering wheel you are looking at getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom