FJ60 hydro assist porting.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20+???

Ouch..

how'd the kit look?

Rockauto is cheaper but they want 20+ for shipping!

The oil screen is slowly getting cured :D

Wow, didn't know the shipping was so much. I may just buy 3 kits and have a few spares laying around to justify the shipping. If my first one is successful I may do another one as a spare.

Rockauto will only ship ot 2nd day for some reason. Auto zone only charged $8 including tax.

The kit looks good and the dust seal was nok just like oem. It came with a diagram showing all seal locations.

Old thread but i plan on pullin the motor out of my 60 soon and adding my hysteer and ram assist as well as a rebuild on my leaky box.

Wow, didn't know the shipping was so much. I may just buy 3 kits and have a few spares laying around to justify the shipping. If my first one is successful I may do another one as a spare.

did you end up orderin from rockauto? how much was shippin?

Rockauto will only ship ot 2nd day for some reason. Auto zone only charged $8 including tax.

The kit looks good and the dust seal was nok just like oem. It came with a diagram showing all seal locations.

still leak free? how is it all workin?

lookin to be cheap cause cash flow is extremely tight but i also want something that will last and generally speaking autozone parts are never my first choice... but if no issues... then its cool i guess.

still leak free? how is it all workin?

lookin to be cheap cause cash flow is extremely tight but i also want something that will last and generally speaking autozone parts are never my first choice... but if no issues... then its cool i guess.

I have about 200 miles on the rebuild and no leaks from the box except the input seal which I did not replace. I believe the kit is of the same quality and manufacture as all of the other kit out there.

I just got my hydro assist working tonight and so far its working pretty well.

I have about 200 miles on the rebuild and no leaks from the box except the input seal which I did not replace. I believe the kit is of the same quality and manufacture as all of the other kit out there.

I just got my hydro assist working tonight and so far its working pretty well.

good enough for me!
guess i need to get my girl home so i can tear her apart again... its sad to do so but necessary for her ever changing evolution.

So does anyone have a spare PS box rebuild kit they want to sell me? I need to do mine pretty badly.

What's wrong with the Options for a rebuild kit here?

What's wrong with the Options for a rebuild kit here?

I was referring to Mikesta's comment about buying multiple rebuild kits to justify shipping. I could definitely go out and get one from a vendor, but if someone is looking to get rid of a kit, then I'll take it off their hands.:meh:

Ahhh..
Makes sense.

That reminds me, I have a later box that I am going to rebuild and send to my brother for his 60. I need a new kit anyway.

Just ordered the autozone kit. $33 and change delivered. I'll post up if it works...

keep up with the options :)

I was referring to Mikesta's comment about buying multiple rebuild kits to justify shipping. I could definitely go out and get one from a vendor, but if someone is looking to get rid of a kit, then I'll take it off their hands.:meh:

Are you still driving Moonshine with no power steering????? what 2 years now......your not gunna know what to do when you over turn that wheel when its hooked up!!!!:D

Are you still driving Moonshine with no power steering????? what 2 years now......your not gunna know what to do when you over turn that wheel when its hooked up!!!!:D

I got sick of it around Christmas time and bought a new(er) box out of a 62. Swapped that and the pump out with a rebuilt one and now I'm good to go.

Next week, Saginaw conversion!

*shameless plug*
Anyone need a perfectly functional, rebuilt 2F ps pump?

PLEASE post Part #,s for
Autozone or
ANYONES ,, Jezze -Lawieze !!!

You want 2 try and help , But don't wave a carrot.

EG: WIX filter =8770 @ autozone works great..
That way all could do a cross referenced look-up ..

BTW ,, WALMART is having a sale on all Cruisers !!!

VT

PLEASE post Part #,s for
Autozone or
ANYONES ,, Jezze -Lawieze !!!

You want 2 try and help , But don't wave a carrot.

EG: WIX filter =8770 @ autozone works great..
That way all could do a cross referenced look-up ..

BTW ,, WALMART is having a sale on all Cruisers !!!

VT

huh??

Are you this angry in person???

Generally, at Autozone, they look everything up by application. So a part # for a stock part is not out of wack..

No sir ..

But if you say , Autozone has the part , Post the number..

If you walk in and ask most " Children now" The reply is sometimes , They don't make those !!!

OR in real dealer words NLA.

Go back up and read , Autozone is said to have the kit , But no number is supplied.

angry ,, No , Just have heard the above too many times, even if i have a sample in my hand..

I have read many threads on here for doing the rebuilds to basic service seal replacement..

Read the rear brake disc mod , and the difference between parties
, The ONE GENT nailed it .. Master cyl needed the 4psi residual valve removed.

Just like the turbo thread that , Mr Rufas (https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-jdm-parts/340952-turbo-charger-3b-diesel-manifold.html#post5328041) and I had a chat over, Alls cool , But the internet is not the truth, only a read of one others opinion , But as for Jokes / off humour / slanted words , Most different countries have differant humour , and Ours is one of the ~~~~`, Sorry ..

Mr Mace , I do Enjoy your posts plus,,
bUT MOST here type out the words without pix to only try to say what the picture is about , OR all type and NO real picture to show the work in progress / updates..

I HOPE i have put my type across correctly.

VT ,

Not Gay , But ;)

EDIT : Maybe not Children , But that poor altitude of i don't really want to work and look up stuff.

There seems to be alot of that going around.

Last edited:
No offense, but I am still not understanding.

The listed part is # 8853.

Currently, Autozone states that it is not available.

:meh:

E-mail the supplier that I initially posted on and call it good.
He has/can get the rebuild kits and they work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom