Builds FJ45SWB recovered from a barn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Might find my way out to that secret facility to check this thing out.

Borat-NICE.jpg

A possibly viable donor 2F engine is down at the machine shop, awaiting a determination if the block is save-able. I always use [STRIKE]junk[/STRIKE] the best recycled parts for my own builds.

Truck is sitting on correct wheels now, thanks again to Zebrabee.
100_0419.jpg

looks great as is with the patina Jim. only thing i'd change is getting the bezel back to oem color. :beer:

Nice find Its good to see folks hitting the jackpot. I'm patiently waiting for mine. My bro just scored on a sweet 23 window VW bus he's been searching for yrs.

WOW! Clean the windshield and its perfect as it sits....

Wow nice find Jim!

That thing is sweet

Thread dredge.

I'm working on axles for this project. The plan is FJ60 knuckles on a mid 70's FJ40 housing.
But I rediscovered these super rare 1973 coarse spline Aisin Seiki OEM lockouts on my shelf:
attachment.php

Is there a way to use these lockouts with coarse spline 73-75 outer CV in either a 76-78 disc knuckle, or a 81-87 knuckle? I'm not worried about the lower strength of the 75 CV vs the 79-later CV.

I can round up the parts and test fit, but before I make myself filthy disassembling umpteen knuckles, thought I would ask if anybody knew if this will/won't work.

:cheers:

Last edited:
What did you pay for it?
For the non-rolling truck with stuck brakes, almost no steering, no engine, no tranny, no brake hydraulics, no clutch hydraulics...?

I paid too much, if I stop to think about it. :hmm:

Best not to think too much in these situations. :cheers:

Any chance you could remove the course spline part and replace with a fine spline part inside the hub? Maybe with some machining to one or the other? Or do the top/outer parts of the old hubs bolt to the newer fine spline hub bodies? Or do you need some course spline birfields? I know a guy that MIGHT have a few...

Cool hubs! How deep in the pile did you have to go to find those?

Oh, I also have several course and fine spline knuckles already in pieces here in my shop. So if you wanna take a drive down here and play what pieces fit what without tearing stuff apart in your shop yer welcome to do so.

Nick

Working on MY cruiser? Har, har, har!

But seriously, there is an engine torn down, cleaned & ready to go back together. A couple of FJ40 axle housings and a set of 85-later FJ60 knuckles and two 3.70 centers are laying here. But none of these parts have assembled themselves yet.

I do have a tech question: This truck has (had) a pair of amber side reflectors screwed to the bed. Both were old and made in USA, though they were two different brands.
Is there supposed to be a stock side reflector back in 1963, and if so what is the brand name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom