For Sale FJ45LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have spent nearly $170K in restoration costs on this truck. The day it was completed the dingbat who picked it up for shipping did not properly secure it to the trailer and lost control flipping the truck onto its roof in the grass. He did not have insurance. Needless to say, I am not going thru this long process again.

Clean title. Nothing on record as to the accident.

Perfect straight chassis. never any corrosion.
Many body panels can be reused. The tub itself is intact and good. Theres a bend in front of one of the wheel arches. The doors have some panels that can be reused. I had this truck completely disassembled and new metal installed where it was needed. No filler. Anything that could be replaced with new was done. I had a top body shop strip every body panel from the frame and media blasted the bare skeleton and from there all metal was replaced with excellent panels. Although it has been sitting outside (South Carolina) It shows no signs of rust or corrosion. The dash is perfect. ididit tilt steering column. Lokar shifter. All the seats are good. Reupholstered leather. The fuel tank was fully restored. Original perfectly straight rear bumper. All door handles, and tailgate latch were re-chromed. They need buffing. Suspension needs cleaning but is perfect.
Interior body panels are perfect.

The Lower tailgate has a fixable dent. All internal parts are good.
Lights were all new. They are good.

There are many usable parts on this truck. The new Chevy Ramjet 350 engine had about 60 test miles. It was brand new. New Turbo 700 transmission. Fully rebuilt Transfer case Toyota.
New Transmission (not a rebuild)
The suspension was all new. Brakes, axles fully rebuilt.

It has been sitting outside for two years. So there is some weather-related grime like leaves and debris. But not any rust. It is currently stored in my garage.

I am selling it as is, where is. Hilton Head. It rolls straight

Let me be clear. The before photos show how it looked before the accident. The truck is now in wrecked condition. Please do not get it backwards thinking you are getting a restored perfect truck.
Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to drive this. The engine has not been started since the accident.

$15K firm. I can be contacted by cell voice or text. 8433682170.
72.jpg
DSCN6914.JPG
Fj45LV083.JPG
Fj45LV085.jpg

IMG6895.jpg

Last edited:
The trailer slid down the embankment when they lost control (due to imporper weight distribution and the tonge lock missing) (idiots) and the LandCruiser flipped onto its roof. So it didn't tumble multiple times.
I have not put it on a rack. However, I did push it down my driveway and watched it roll. It tracked true. So my unexpert opinion suggests there is no frame damage. The only thing not with the sale I believe is the Dakota digital gauge cluster. However, it may be in there with all the parts. I just don't want to take it all out. I have a six car garage and its way at the back.
And I forgot to mention the new air conditioning unit which is also installed, and included.

What components in front and rear rebuilt? The axles were fully disassembled and rebuilt. I am not sure everything that Amazonia4x4 did in there, but I know Mauricio is thorough. Money was not an object in this build. The front and rear axles have disc brakes.

And lets just ignore the ugly wheels. I know I made a bad choice on those. So the new owner can sell them to the nearest gangsta. : ) Sorry, trying to keep a sense of humor in the pain!

Last edited:
This sucks, but I would have never let joe blow rookie with a trailer leave with a high dollar 45? With that kind of money, should have been professional enclosed legit car company. I have had many cars shipped and have had to turn away some of them due to No experience, or a half ton truck with bald tires? Was it ( u-ship) . This guy clearly had no towing experience. Probably tied down from the frame, not the axles... someone has to be responsible??

That's a smokin price. Sorry to see this happen to you. I have just a couple of projects going otherwise I think it is a worthwhile venture for sure. There are so many good pieces that are hard to come by that the bodywork in this case, is the "easy" part. GLWS.

Excited to see what becomes of this!
Please ping this thread when you start a rebuild thread.

Re: the original post, I was merging onto the 476 northbound a few weeks ago, following a '90s era GMC 2500 pickup pulling a full size Cevy van loaded backwards on a car hauler trailer.
Watched him get up to speed and by the time he got to the top of the acceleration lane the trailer took over...
Man, it just about picked up the whole truck, whipped him from side to side, across three lanes, the whole rig did a 180° and stopped facing oncoming traffic. How it didn't roll, or take out another vehicle, I'll never know but, holy smokes, what a ride that dude took.
Can't fix stupid!

Good luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom