For Sale FJ40 Reproduction Tool Bag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ackcruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m looking for a trusted source for a reproduction tool bag for my 1976 FJ40. Has anyone purchased one?

DEC82467-BD98-4872-A8B6-392B752EB7F0.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve ordered a replica tool bag and will write a detailed review.

I thought it was great however, waiting on the next generation one that has embroidery. Will post once that arrives.

Here are pictures of the standard bag purchased and the new and improved one with embroidery.

Non embroidery:

CFEA9358-C6F6-4E05-8350-0E1A13E1F299.jpeg

Embroidery:
058DF943-7CB8-4B77-AFCF-896E3A607CA4.jpeg

The quality of both are very high. I’ll post prices for each version in follow up post along with links to buy.

According to the manufacturer, the embroidery reproduction tool bags are the only ones offered going forward. After working out a deal for iH8Mud members, anyone who orders either the green or khaki tool bag will receive a 10% discount.

Khaki
Regular cost: $64.99 includes shipping
Member cost: $58.49 includes shipping

Note: when ordering on eBay, just make offer for 10% less

Green
Regular cost: $64.99 includes shipping
Member cost: $58.49 includes shipping

In my view, unless you are looking for a Mr. Toyota certified original tool bag, these are a solid and durable replica. The manufacturer has been great to work with and the product arrived quickly.

8B7C26AD-D447-45F4-A017-0CF7FE701FFF.jpeg

FFCB03E3-F286-4F34-AAD0-87D048BB3211.jpeg

Close up of embroidery
A7EB756C-34B5-4B2A-872F-15235FA1BD3B.jpeg

7B1FCA33-9F52-4736-9CB9-5BF3A93BD01B.png

FJ40, 55, BJ40 Tool Bag OEM Part #01920-60102
4/72 - 07/80

Last edited:
I decided to pop on one of these and I made them an offer for the listed amount and added a note that I was a MUD member. They countered at $59.99, literally $1.50 difference. I decided to pass just on principal.
I would feel the same way! I just set this up so likely their wires got crossed. I'll get it fixed.

I made the offer and they accepted

Is the khaki plastic coated? The green looks like canvas.

Sent an offer for 10% off their “Buy 2” price ($105.28). We‘ll see. Didn’t see where to enter anything about being a mud member.

On edit: Accepted!

Last edited:
Ha, I just noticed that. @Ackcruisers is yours spelled correct? Sent them a message, hope this isn’t a quick way to get rid of bad/mistake product.

Got a message back on the bag-

Please cancel your order. We will let you know when we correct the misspelling. Thanks for letting us know this misspelling, no one in our plant noticed before.

Thanks to those paying attention.

KevO

The manufacturer just emailed me and they made a mistake at the embroiderer. Please cancel your orders. I will repost once new embroidered bags are ready to ship.

So how do you cancel your order on eBay and Paypal? I don’t see a cancel order link at either site. I think they (Troa) need to cancel the order and PayPal refund. Only thing I see on eBay is a return item link, and it says it’s too early for that. This looks ugly. I should have known better.

Since I posted this, I personally will make sure everyone gets their money refunded. I’ll send PM messages to each who ordered to confirm they get their refund.

At the end of the day, no one intentionally was trying to “pull the wool over ones eyes” on this product and 10% off deal.

Mistakes happen and it’s amazing the neuroscience behind how the brain corrects typos.

Thanks @Bear for your spell check. My non embroidered one is correctly spelled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom