Fj40 price guide (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Simply put, I sold my fj cruiser a few months ago when I found MUD. Now I'm hunkering down, driving a compact car, and saving for my 40. In 9-12 months I'll be a proud member of the $10-15k club! Cant wait!

outlaw pete said:
Simply put, I sold my fj cruiser a few months ago when I found MUD. Now I'm hunkering down, driving a compact car, and saving for my 40. In 9-12 months I'll be a proud member of the $10-15k club! Cant wait!

You won't regret it. I made the "loved the 40, so bought a Cruiser" mistake myself. Sold the Cruiser, bought a new Taco and my 40. All better...

As near as i can tell they're all at least in the mid teens. Either you start by purchacing one thats $15-20,000 or you buy one for less and work back to that point. The smartest way to buy one (from a monitary value standpoint) is to let someone else spend the money and time. Then buy their $15-20 rig (plus countless manhours) for $10-15 and spend a little time and money making it you own.
That said, you'll learn a hell of a lot more starting at 0-7500 and resurecting it;)

This is so true, bought a good 40, drove it a couple of months, decided the "B" wasn't strong enough. So 15b, well might as well do suspension etc. etc. $$$$$ and still going like the EverReady bunny

carbon said:
As near as i can tell they're all at least in the mid teens. Either you start by purchacing one thats $15-20,000 or you buy one for less and work back to that point. The smartest way to buy one (from a monitary value standpoint) is to let someone else spend the money and time. Then buy their $15-20 rig (plus countless manhours) for $10-15 and spend a little time and money making it you own.
That said, you'll learn a hell of a lot more starting at 0-7500 and resurecting it;)

x2 to that.
It's cheaper in a long run to buy it already built, but where is the FUN and PAIN of building one your own. Buying it for <10k and building you'll be able to learn, understand your vehicle. And what a joy will be to say at some point to someone (friend, neighbor or just the guy on the street asking what is that): I BUILT THIS MACHINE, which is in my personal opinion one of the best vehicles ever build in 20th century...

Amen... I started with a $4k and am making it exactly how I want it with a $15k budget

Can anybody give a mention on whether there is a monetary difference between a bone stock FJ40/45 and one that has had big changes like engines,seats,etc..? I really like both but my most passion is with bone stock. It just has so much history.

We have choices... Where would you like to spend your time and money? Or, both...
Husband day care.jpg

This price guide seems about right.

I feel mine is in he 5-9k range, I'd like to think to the higher end... But it would take a real cruiser head to get that. Someday, if I were to finish the body, wiring, and... It may reach the 10-15k.

Usually it costs more to bring a truck up than it's worth in the end. So, buy something as close to what you want as you can, and don't look back.

VEHICLE
$1k or less
Parts truck
A lawn ornament
I've got all the time in the world

OWNER PROFILE
Insanely misguided
Oh my god! I just spent 20 grand to build a 10K cruiser!
I'll bring some blocks to hold the "trailer " up when we pull er out

Hey boy! You gotta mow around the FJ too

REACTION
Sooooo, what you doing with the other ones?
Purty nice truck, you lookin to trade or sumtin?
You ever gonna start on that thing?
The government pays you to build it as part of the stimulous package

It's so clever . . .

because it's so true!

No worries. She isn't in eternal slumber. She's just napping.

This is pretty accurate except that I bought a trail ready cruiser (BJ60 SOA 37" tires ARB rear locker... blah blah blah) The end result was that when something went wrong with it I had no clue what was wrong with it haha.

I sold that about a year ago (Shortly after the passenger front caliper feel off followed closely by the wheel, still dont get that) and I tried a fast car instead. I couldnt fight off the cruiser bug and just sold the car and bought a 1983 BJ42 in need of major attention.

20000 here I come :)

I feel so much better now that ive read this.......ive started at 5K now close to 17k.....so i just stop counting.....but every time i :steer: it......it puts a :) on my face.....i dont plan on stopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom