Yes. Another example of good tech being buried in a classified ad.
@fjl40 painted a two piece hood for his single-piece-hood cruiser and had alignment issues between the bib and aprons, so the difference is more than just cosmetic.
Also worth noting that the holes for the hood hooks were drilled further back on the 75 and newer hoods to avoid the larger turn signal housings.
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this. There are a few reasons for the chuckle, but I think he's just trying to help identify what you need in your search, not offering actual corners off his hood.....
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this. There are a few reasons for the chuckle, but I think he's just trying to help identify what you need in your search, not offering actual corners off his hood.....
Tommy, I’m afraid your only chance for getting compatible rust-free corners is going to be from someone who has had their hood fly open and destroyed. All the other 75 and newer hoods are going to have rust like yours.
also have a split hood avail. minimal surface rust, can get you a pic of inside if interested, corners aren't perfect but they are old! need a lil massaging
Tommy, I’m afraid your only chance for getting compatible rust-free corners is going to be from someone who has had their hood fly open and destroyed. All the other 75 and newer hoods are going to have rust like yours.
I’m up in north Dallas, I’ve got a hood I’d sell that is one piece and the corners look decent…. If you are good enough to weld in corners, you might just be able to fix this hood….
I have a hood from a 77 that was stretched in the center from some drunken/aggressive media-blasting. Would be a great candidate for this sort of project...let me know.