FJ40 Headliner Installation (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're welcome. If you are not wild about these "modifications" you could take that cap to a anyone who repairs boats and knows fiberglass and make that cap like new again. Pretty east once you have the cap off.

Overton, thank you for posting this thread in ‘13. I am refreshing my ‘78 and have purchased the CruiserCorps liner plus their Permatex adhesive.

I get the added joy of installing around a sunroof and internal bolts through the cap that are securing a home-built roof rack, both of which the original owner added way back in the day. Your instructions will guide my process.

View attachment 2746399
I too have a sunroof in my 82, but I will be removing it before I install a new headliner. Don't like those 80's mistakes.

im looking for a report on the wrinkles. i have 2 on hand, and the specter one was nice and rolled up with very little wrinkles. the one with gray backing (from CC i think) has tons of bad wrinkles but i prefer the color; both appear to be of equal quality but SOR looks pinkish. looked into ironing but dont think it is suitable.

do the wrinkles go away after a while on the faux leather?
E1869BC1-2902-4BC7-8DC0-C872636B107D.jpeg
5822CF77-F65F-4248-B338-8492A5BC2C80.jpeg

Cruiser Corp stopped folding their headliners and rolls them now. The wrinkles will get better if you lay it out in the sun on a hot day or get a hair dryer or heat gun to warm the wrinkles (heat gun on low). Don't melt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom