FJ40 Fuel tank hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The nipple is in the fitting, not the tank. Try to find a used one and replace the hose.

Here is a couple of pics of a disassembled OEM fuel fitting.

The first pic shows how the hose is crimped on. Cut this metal crimp with a Dremel tool and you will then have the two pieces shown.

As Stuchizik stated, take these to a hose shop and have them use the pieces to make a new one. You might be able to get a small hose clamp on there to hold it.

This does require that you have one of these fittings. If there is a machinist out there willing to make up some of these I have the set shown I could loan out. It is NOT for sale. :D

I do not think that fitting is 14mm x 2.0mm....
IMG_2461.jpg
IMG_2462.jpg

Thanks for the pics. That really helps. I assume the other piece is what's known as the olive? Is that a sleeve on the olive or a machined shoulder? Does it need an o-ring or seal between the olive and the nut?

My fuel line on my '69 looks completely different, it is a clear (was clear) plastic looking hose. So I'm guessing mine isn't stock?

I'll try to get a picture of it, but it is under the seat...

Same issue with the early 55's. I fixed mine by using the fuel line nuts for the carb and a ferule anlong with a small section of stock fuel line. Worked just fine. The nuts and ferules were still available from Toyota a couple years ago.

Trollhole is correct, Spector sells the ferrule and nut, the problem I had was that the Hard fuel line was about 5/16" O.D. and the diameter of the fuel tank output I.D. is about 3/16" so the hard fuel line will not fit unless you drill out the Bung on the fuel tank.

Went this route...Jusssttt Kidding :doh:
P1000446.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the nut and ferrule from toyotapartzone.com and it should be here tomorrow. Here are the part numbers if your interested:

90402-13041 Nut

96395-71400 Ferrule (aka the olive)

Thanks Trollhole for posting those in your thread

Bringing this up from the dead, in case anyone searches and finds this thread, as I did. I have a 1971 FJ40, and could not find any of the discontinued hose assemblies. My fuel hose looked to be original, so congrats Toyota on 50 years between hose replacement! Anyhoo, Cool Cruisers makes just the ticket here, a perfect brass threaded adapter, and it arrive in a matter of a couple days from Texas to NJ: Gas Tank to Fuel Line Connector 1968-9/72 FJ40 - Aft Mrkt - https://www.coolcruisers.com/gastatofulic.html

The adapter, some 1/4" fuel hose (about 3 ft.), a couple clamps and you're back in business in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom