FJ40 Carburator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a stock carburator for my 5/1977 FJ40 (federal with emissions/smog in place). I believe I need an Aisan 21100-61023. I do have a question. What is the difference between the two:

Aisan 21100-61024 (believe fits years late 1977 thru 1978)

and

Aisan 21100-61023 (believe fits years 1976 thru early 1977)

Jeff

But it does appear to be an Aisan carb. Maybe not NOS, but rebuilt? But it looks NOS in appearance. So clean.
It has the fuel cut solenoid in place. But that price is a little too rich for me.

The difference between 61023 and 61024 is: 023 passes 1977 emission regs, and 024 passes '78 emissions regs. If the vehicle has all smog equipment intact, then it needs the right carb because vac hose routing is slightly different.

The ebay Carter carb is a reboxed OEM Aisan replacement manufactured in 1977. That's an amazing find, but agreed that the price is a little steep.

The difference between 61023 and 61024 is: 023 passes 1977 emission regs, and 024 passes '78 emissions regs. If the vehicle has all smog equipment intact, then it needs the right carb because vac hose routing is slightly different.

The ebay Carter carb is a reboxed OEM Aisan replacement manufactured in 1977. That's an amazing find, but agreed that the price is a little steep.

Brilliant! As usual, @FJ40Jim shows up and nails it. Thank you for the knowledge...

The Company is 'United Remanufacturing', out of Chicago. They're sitting on a pallet-full of Carter-Boxed NOS OEM Aisan Land Cruiser carburetors. I bought a Cali-Spec NOS 1974 Aisan from them (that Jim had to rebuild :cheers:- and I have yet to install :p).

I tried to buy the entire pallet from them, sight-unseen, but they are intent on dribbling the stock out on ebay.

Maybe someone with better skillz or looser wallet might be able to persuade them. I was really only interested in a NOS FJ60 carb that I have been unable to find.

Good hunting!

The Company is 'United Remanufacturing', out of Chicago. They're sitting on a pallet-full of Carter-Boxed NOS OEM Aisan Land Cruiser carburetors. I bought a Cali-Spec NOS 1974 Aisan from them (that Jim had to rebuild :cheers:- and I have yet to install :p).

I tried to buy the entire pallet from them, sight-unseen, but they are intent on dribbling the stock out on ebay.

Maybe someone with better skillz or looser wallet might be able to persuade them. I was really only interested in a NOS FJ60 carb that I have been unable to find.

Good hunting!

Just did a voluntary group buy of both units they have on eBay. Will redistribute to anyone who wants one for $700 + the ride. Otherwise, it's going into the vault.

:beer::clap:

Here are the mapping to Toyota part numbers:
"76" carb: Maps to 21100-61072 (FJ40) and 21100-61062 (FJ55)
"75" carb: Maps to 21100-61030/31 (FJ40) and 21100-61020/21 (FJ55)

I asked them why these are in Carter boxes. They said that Carter distributed these carbs back in the day.

If you're not familiar with Carter, they were an OE carb manufacturer in MO that went kaput in the 80s. Like a lot of manufacturers, they resold units they did not make, under their own brand. It was also an avenue for Aisan to sell more units. Remember, at the time, Aisan was pretty much unknown as a brand in the USA, and Japanese parts were not considered the quality they are today. Carter was very well known respected brand, that prolly wanted to fill out their catalog for the emerging Japanese car market.

But I may be mis-remembering. :censor:

Jim is THE MAN, my 40 has never run the way it runs now after Jim rebuilt and flow tested my OEM Aisan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Just came across this thread while internetting to see what my Aisin carb is worth. I have boxes full of FJ40 parts I need to get rid of, including an Aisin 21100-61024 carb in good condition.

Is there any interest in buying this carb from me? Or does anyone know how I can get it to a good (new) home? I'm not trying to gouge anyone, so I'll take less than the $700 listed above.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom