FJ 55 1976 Reverse Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Searched high and low via Google, couldn't find any reverse light rubbers. Had a spare door outer, so made these up. Not pretty but they seal. Anyone know of any repro seals??

Matt

20230423_162503.jpg

20230423_162507.jpg

20230423_162510.jpg

You might have to buy new, I don't know of anyone making the gaskets.

Has anyone with a newer model tried the smaller light to see what it looks like? I know the smaller light really doesn't do much for light, but it might look alright if nothing else is available. Some have gone aftermarket with LEDs.

I'm making a 3D printed set right now for mine. Although it has the one piece tail light arrangement.
I'd be happy to model them up and send you the files to get printed locally or I can print and ship them to you. I will ask for you to pay for the print material and shipping. Being 3D printed I am not doing the wrap around design but rather two flat pieces. In reality I would suggest buying some flat rubber and cutting the flat shapes out to suit.
If you after other parts, I have some on my site. Google search for "3DOM Engineering".
I could model it the wrap around style and print it in two parts that could be glued together.
This is something I might trial on mine as well.
Image is one side done the other half is printing.
20230425_152019.jpg

i haven't taken mine apart, but would an old mt bike bicycle tube work?

I'm making a 3D printed set right now for mine. Although it has the one piece tail light arrangement.
I'd be happy to model them up and send you the files to get printed locally or I can print and ship them to you. I will ask for you to pay for the print material and shipping. Being 3D printed I am not doing the wrap around design but rather two flat pieces. In reality I would suggest buying some flat rubber and cutting the flat shapes out to suit.
If you after other parts, I have some on my site. Google search for "3DOM Engineering".
I could model it the wrap around style and print it in two parts that could be glued together.
This is something I might trial on mine as well.
Image is one side done the other half is printing.
View attachment 3306835
You're doing some cool stuff 👍

Too much curve on the body, but the light housing is flat. So it'needs to be thick one end and skinny the other.
Matt

how tall is the lens

top to bottom ?

and LH to RH side to side ?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Hello Matt, If your local to me I can come and model it from the car and light directly.
I am in Sydney's inner west. Where are you?
Hunter Valley - so not too far away. Ill ask a couple of blokes who a wrecking if they have one, else yeah I may have to come for a visit.

Hi Matt,
Fair enough, and it would likely be better for you to come hear. I have all my tools etc. But I can come to you of that helps.

If you do find a part, maybe you could loan it to me for a while so that I can model it. That way I'll have it on file should you need a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom