FJ 40 on CUCV with a 2UZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have the whole OEM harness and plan to use the Tundra accessories so almost everything will be plug n play if I can get it cramped into the dash.

Since the PO cut up the fenders already, I went ahead and cut the flare completely off.
P1040110_zpsd70feffc.jpg

P1040111_zps8066953f.jpg

P1040119_zpsecdbc5c2.jpg

P1040118_zpscfcf5ea9.jpg

You going with a tube fender? That's what I will be doing with the next batch of free money I find. ;)

Not sure what to do, but it will be a little ways down the road.

Understand that. I went to JD's today to visit Hachi. She has been at his place for the last 2 weeks or so. Tube fenders, sliders, rear tube fenders (of some sort) all tied together along with the front nose guard / bumper / stinger is one of the things we talked about. She looks happy but she will be a lot happier when she gets home......<sheds a tear> :lol:

So, my buddy was able to help me with wiring harness so we trimmed it down to what we needed using the EWD from TIS. Found out that the FJ 40 and Tundra headlight plugs are the same, also the Tundra brake light switch will screw into the 40's mount. Just need to figure out the FJ 40's wiper motor wiring to tie in the Tundra harness.

Put the steering column back in and stuffed the instrument cluster in the dash that still needs some work for a more finish look. Also worked on the air filter and intake, then prepared the battery box to mount where the blower fan use to mount.

Good progress John looking good :)

Sweet! That engine bay looks awesome!

Nice! I can tell you that the wiper system threw me for a loop. If I remember correctly, they have power all the time and it's the ground that activates it.

Any chance you still have the wiring diagram?

Looking sweet John!!!!

John, unfortunately I don't. 3_Puppies (I think his name is Paul) sent me the info in a PM. I thought I had saved it but apparently I did not. Send him a PM. I am sure he will send you the schematics. I just remember thinking, "Who the hell designed this backwards" as I was wiring it up. :D

Any chance you still have the wiring diagram?

Gotcha covered check your email should be there by morning ;) I have three versions of the 40 model wiring diagrams on pdf and can drop you the book as well. Your 71 should be the same as Dads 70 model on top the windshield right?

Gotcha covered check your email should be there by morning ;) I have three versions of the 40 model wiring diagrams on pdf and can drop you the book as well. Your 71 should be the same as Dads 70 model on top the windshield right?

Thanks, its supposed to be a 73 and its a top mount model.

I just remember thinking, "Who the hell designed this backwards" as I was wiring it up. :D

almost all of the OEM switches work this way :meh: it's only backwards if you are used to GMs philosophy

Installed the stock Tundra transmission cooler and removed the AC compressor, because it was to close to the steering shaft for me.

The new 68" belt for the missing compressor:

I was about to ask ya how the progress is coming.. You can make the Crawl. I got faith in ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom