FJ 40 on CUCV with a 2UZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are all FJ 40 dash pads the same or anything cool people do to that area? Mine is missing and was wandering if its worth replacing.

John Stw said:
Are all FJ 40 dash pads the same or anything cool people do to that area? Mine is missing and was wandering if its worth replacing.

John I've seen folks replace them with wood and machined aluminum to cover the holes but if you got your hands on a set I'd install them I'll check to see if the parts cruiser has them :) they certainly help knocking those knees on the dash.
I was thinking lower dash pad. Agree with Mike if its the upper the lock box is the way to go.

Last edited:
Made a small bracket to move the gear shifter linkage connection down some to clear the mount bolts. Hoping the small distance change does not affect the gear selection shifting.
P1030976.jpg

P1030983.jpg

Started on some better welds for frame motor mounts, but ran out of welding wire of course.
P1030973.jpg

P1030974.jpg

Made a small bracket to move the gear shifter linkage connection down some to clear the mount bolts. Hoping the small distance change does not affect the gear selection shifting.
P1030976.jpg

P1030983.jpg

Started on some better welds for frame motor mounts, but ran out of welding wire of course.
P1030973.jpg

P1030974.jpg
U have access to 240v in yur shop?

John Stw said:

Progress, welds are looking better bud :)

Looking good. Was it a cable linkage to start with?

Linkage for the rear disconnect completed and the Tundra brake booster and MC installed.
P1040016.jpg

P1030994.jpg

Dropped the drivetrain in and checked the radiator clearance. Found a top radiator hose on my parts shelf that fit just right, but the bottom is going to be a little tougher.
P1040002.jpg

P1040001.jpg

Cut the shifter hole and was able to lift the t-case high enough to have a flat belly, everything from the oil pan back will tuck up in the frame rails. Still need to build a cross member for the t-case.
P1040021.jpg

P1040023.jpg

more pics:
http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/John350Z71/FJ 40/

Last edited:
:meh:do you have a patient pending on that trans jack::hillbilly:

you would almost be done for SCC---------------------------------------20-------------13:)

lookin good John it`s gona be a first class rig:)

think ya be done by the first of the year?

Not sure when it will get done, just keep working on it when I can. Like all of them they are never finished, just a completed stage.

Nice keep'em coming bud, I need the motivation hopefully I can get Dad wired up this winter and start on my junk in the new year :)

"Linkage for the rear disconnect completed"

I like the way you rigged the linkage up. That is just really nice. Nice work all around :clap:

Worked on the crossmember: 1/2" plate with a stock mini truck t-case mount.
Plan to weld the angle iron to the frame bolt the plate to it with some 1/2" bolts.

P1040036.jpg

P1040033.jpg

Now thats some iron :) glad to see you getting some time in :)

Finished with the T-case mount:
P1040075.jpg

P1040074.jpg

P1040072.jpg

yea it fits! & it`s installed :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom