First Cruiser - 100 Series Just Purchased Today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi There,

I am a long time Toyota guy and have owned seven of them in my lifetime. I just purchased this one owner 1999 100 Series. It spent its whole life in Phoenix AZ and has 87k original miles. I am stoked!

Mods will start as soon as I finish detailing her out this week. I would love to hear your suggestions!

For sure mods coming....

1. New bumpers
2. Add tow hitch
3. Remote start
4. Paint side molding black
5. 2” lift
6. Mud Terrain Tires
7. Rock Sliders
8. Full roof flat rack
9. Black rims

I would love input from all the pros on here!

Cheers,

Desk

F257F732-70B7-400E-9B9C-02B094252546.jpeg

Seems like a very good score there, congrats!
I’m not a pro by any standard but I’d recommend driving the truck for a while and getting the feel for it.

After that you’ll know what kind of maintenance it needs before you jump into the fun stuff.

Maintenance before mods, always.
Absolutely! Fortunately, I had my mechanic check this out and she is in pristine mechanical condition. I actually feel like the guy I bought it from was taken advantage of because it has a ridiculous dealer maintenance record at the same dealer it’s whole life. Like, who needs to do a coolant flush every 10k miles and transmission flush and de carb every 30k? Pretty crazy.

I do have a few minor things to do before any mods. Like the center console top latch is broken and he was taping it down with duct tape. Now the duct tape has ruined the leather and the latch is not salvageable. Going to buy a new latch and have a friend of minerewrap the leather pad.

I will take it slow...kind of. 😉

Congrats! Looks really clean.

What do you aim to do with it? Camping vehicle? Hardcore wheeler?
I am an avid fly fisherman and hunter who likes to get as far away from people as possible so it will be used for that mostly. I have never been a big fan of wheeling just for fun, but I often have difficult terrain to cover to get where I need to go. I have a raft trailer that I will pull as well so a Curt hitch is in order. I am surprised that all Cruisers haven’t come with a hitch. Should have been standard in my book!

Congratulations!

Don't take this the wrong way but WTF? How did you find this? I have been looking for one (nation-wide) off and on for over a year now and all I ever see is crap. If it has maintenance records and one-owner it is stupid expensive. If it's low-mileage and not over-priced then it has 5 owners. If it doesn't have 5 owners then the person just bought it a month ago and now wants to sell and can't tell me anything about it. If none of those negatives surface then it's from Ohio or Illinois or somewhere where I just am not interested in buying a car from the NE.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy for you, I really am. I just want one too and so I am throwing a tantrum! :crybaby:

Don't take this the wrong way but WTF? How did you find this? I have been looking for one (nation-wide) off and on for over a year now and all I ever see is crap. If it has maintenance records and one-owner it is stupid expensive. If it's low-mileage and not over-priced then it has 5 owners. If it doesn't have 5 owners then the person just bought it a month ago and now wants to sell and can't tell me anything about it. If none of those negatives surface then it's from Ohio or Illinois or somewhere where I just am not interested in buying a car from the NE.

Don't get me wrong. I am happy for you, I really am. I just want one too and so I am throwing a tantrum! :crybaby:
Sorry to here you have had a tough time finding one. I just stayed patient and searched high and low. Low miles and a West Coast rig were my priorities. Good luck on your hunt!

You might check the "Clubhouse" section, on this site, for your area.

My last one was purchased before it was "put on the market", with one of those "friend of a friend" deals, with an "I know a crazy guy that really likes these", and an owner that didn't want to deal with a flurry of phone calls or emails and meeting a bunch of strangers. One owner. No rust. No accidents. Serviced at Lexus its entire life. Fair price.

You might check the "Clubhouse" section, on this site, for your area.

My last one was purchased before it was "put on the market", with one of those "friend of a friend" deals, with an "I know a crazy guy that really likes these", and an owner that didn't want to deal with a flurry of phone calls or emails and meeting a bunch of strangers. One owner. No rust. No accidents. Serviced at Lexus its entire life. Fair price.

That's just what I'm looking for. Doesn't help that the area I live in is kinda yuppy so there are quite a few driving around tempting me. I'm about to start leaving notes on people's cars asking if they are thinking of selling.

There are lots of rich old people here who probably never even took it on a dirt road. Just gotta find the right one.

Happy 4th All!

I have recently acquired a 99’ 100 Series and I need help choosing a complete suspension option. I want to do it right, but don’t need to break the bank.

I am not going to be a hard core over lander, nor will I be seeking out the gnarliest trails to test my cruisers capability. I will be in the woods and on off-road trails frequently and will also be pulling a fairly heavy raft trailer.

I would like to get 2-2.5” higher and am hoping to put some 285/75/16’s or 295/70/16’s on after. (Currently running 285/70/16 on stock set up.) I am looking for a complete kit including shocks, torsion bars, springs, diff drop and UCA’s. Sway bar and steering stabilizer if needed.

I recently acquired an ARB Deluxe front bumper and will most likely be running my stock rear bumper, but want to be set up to run an aftermarket bumper if I choose to in the future.

Thanks I’m advance, I highly value your expertise and opinions!

Cheers,

Desk

Your bumper will supported with new aftermarket torsion bars of any brand. Based on what you said you were going to be doing...fishing and getting the eff away from other people I recommend keeping it simple. Your truck only having less than 90k miles you still have a ton of life on your factory uca’s and your not going big enough on lift that you absolutely need them. Run em another 60k then swap Them with uca’s like the Dobinsons that come with the 555 joints.

This kits is well priced maybe check when they expect more in stock and for a couple hundred more you can get foam cell pro if you really want to be big s*** right out the gate.

Also I feel that if you are cool with spending a tiny bit more the Dude from trail tailor is on here and kicks ass with his responsiveness and willingness too help forum members. Could probably hook you up with a comprehensive solution

Nice work,

I need a passenger window switch as well. Did you replace with oem?

Nice work,

I need a passenger window switch as well. Did you replace with oem?

I believe so, I had my mechanic order it for me at his cost, which saved me a bit. He gets enough business from me for things I can’t do that he is cool with helping me out from time to time.

Slee sells a 1.5" medium spring rate kit that works well with a bumper and winch and is very reasonably priced. You can keep stock control arms and fit the 33's you mentioned. You can choose to do a diff drop with this setup if you find the angle on the CV's causes vibrations, but many do this kit and find that it works great without the diff drop.

But all of this is easily found in the FAQ and/or with the search bar in the top right corner. Click advanced, and then select "100 series tech" as the sub forum to search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom