Finished our 80 storage system with fridge slide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well took some good weekends and with some of Cleo's help we finally finished our sliding storage box and fridge slide for the 80. Always wanted a storage box and after seeing Ron's (@Dimples) build I was inspired to tackle it. Then I decided to take it up a notch and make a customer fridge slide to ease with fridge access. With a few measurements I decided I wanted the storage box to sit behind one of the second row seats in case we had a third person traveling with us. With LCP (@LandCruiserPhil) spare carrier it was going to be on passenger side.

Here's the finished product

IMG_7291.JPG

IMG_7281.JPG

IMG_7284.JPG

IMG_7286.JPG

IMG_7289.JPG

Last edited:
Here's the details
I ordered both sliding rails from Amazon.
The fridge slide is 500lbs rated ball bearing, with locking tabs to release and lock track closed and full open.
The storage box is on 36 inch 250lb rated slides.
I wrapped the box in sub carpet. Took some you tube videos but not I'm a master at corners and overlapping.
Here's some assembly pictures.

IMG_7168.JPG

IMG_7172.JPG

IMG_7176.JPG

IMG_7177.JPG

IMG_7179.JPG

Nicely done!!!

Turned out really nice! I like how the fridge is elevated so it makes getting into it a bit easier from inside the truck, if needed. That sliding drawer is so flush, I couldn't even tell it was a drawer,

Looks amazing. I'd like to do something very similar in the not too distant future, but my "fridge slide" will be holding an RTIC 65 for now.

Do you have the brand/part number for the slides? Thanks

Last edited:
@Cactuscrzr I did something very similar, I'm not sure the dimensions of the 65 but this may work for you. I used this tray Amazon.com: Edsal CBD1836 Industrial Gray Heavy Duty Steel Modular Workspace Storage System Cabinet Dolly, 1000lbs Capacity, 36" Width x 4" Height x 18" Depth: Industrial & Scientific
With 3x3 angle alum. to attach the slides...I used 36" slides and that works great with it.
View attachment 1439539 View attachment 1439540
Thanks! I'll check it out. Slides should be here soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom