Finding new things online (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

these MT shopping carts, were they a dealer installed option or oem? i don't seem to have either

i do have the factory installed almost-always-mt-gas tank......

One thing about those empty shopping carts is the money you save!!!

Sometimes the empty shopping carts gang up on you.....
shopping-cart-love.jpg

I don't think you're going to get the response you want from this thread. Probably ought to start a new thread with a little more information about the particular add-a-leaf.

VTFJ40 said:
Summit sucks.

Please elaborate, I consider them an excellent vendor and am about to place yet another order with them any minute now.

To the original poster, I would skip the AAL and get some new springs or beef up your pack with a leaf from another cruiser pack.

John Smith said:
Please elaborate, I consider them an excellent vendor and am about to place yet another order with them any minute now.

To the original poster, I would skip the AAL and get some new springs or beef up your pack with a leaf from another cruiser pack.

Personal experience over many years of ordering. Too many screwed up orders (wrong parts, missing parts...), and poor attitude in the customer service department.

I've gone back to them on a few occasions, when they had the best price or they were the only place that had parts, but they always manage to screw somethin up.

I switched to Jegs.

Good luck.

Hi All:

O.K. "JoesFJ40," here is what I know of the Rancho add-a-leaf swap - see the below e-mail from Jeff Zepp of Colorado as posted on the LCML.

HTH.

Alan
Seattle

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>I got ~2.5" lift for $120 on a suggestion when fellow lister Wayne Smith was visiting last April. I was worried that add-a-leafs would make for a harsh ride but Wayne assured me that it would be as soft as stock...he was right! He helped (a lot) with the install...thanks Wayne!

Here's the deal: Rancho add-a-leafs P/N RS60612 contain two add-a-leaves, 3/8 center pins and 5/16 center pins, they are $60 each and you need two sets. Use the smaller pins. Jack up the frame and unbolt the u-bolts. Remove the existing center pins and then remove the bottom two stock leaves, the two shortest ones. Put the add-a-leaves on and clamp with c-clamps, then put in the center pins, replace the u-bolts and away you go. Notice YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO REMOVE THE SHACKLES OR SPRING PINS!!!! Yes, I'm shouting because these are what makes suspension work so much work. You will want shocks a little longer for full droop, but the bottom line is that this inexpensive lift will retain good steering geometery, ride is as soft as stock, run 33s with no rubbing and great articulation of road. Here's a photo of mine twisted up:

http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum/uploads/Rzeppa/B46_twisted.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom