Builds Finally got my own...Meet BeBe (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So after a couple tanks of gas with the new tires mileage has increased a bit. Noticed on the website that each tire is about 5lbs lighter than the S/T Maxx in the same size. So definite benefit to the new rubber, especially since we have been doing a lot of miles back and forth to Tahoe with the end of camping season trips and whatnot. Still have yet to take them on dirt, too many other things going on and trying to get in as much riding as I can before we hit real winter (which seems to be on its way).

Last week hasn't gotten above the 60s during the day, couple storms rolled through with low temps and a bit of precipitation. Woke up Saturday morning to EVERYTHING being wet and snow up above about 7k'. Couple more dustings happened over the weekend with very cold temps, think yesterday's high was all of 50. Buddy went up to Tahoe and said he came across anywhere from 1-3" depending on area. For me I actually had to use the heater in the truck.

Going to have to purchase stuff to do a backflush of the heater core and see if I can get her working properly. Still blows luke warm air which makes me believe there is just some crud there.

After that comes the next major project, need to replace the oilpan. So looking at it, I have the older Large plug pan which has been replaced with the FJ62 pan with the small plug, correct (25mm vs. 18mm plug)???? @OSS @cruiseroutfit
I purchased a oil pan gasket from Onur years ago when I did the head on the truck and just never go around to replacing. This should still work with the newer pan correct? I can grab part number if needed, just up in its box in the rafters.

So after a couple tanks of gas with the new tires mileage has increased a bit. Noticed on the website that each tire is about 5lbs lighter than the S/T Maxx in the same size. So definite benefit to the new rubber, especially since we have been doing a lot of miles back and forth to Tahoe with the end of camping season trips and whatnot. Still have yet to take them on dirt, too many other things going on and trying to get in as much riding as I can before we hit real winter (which seems to be on its way).

Last week hasn't gotten above the 60s during the day, couple storms rolled through with low temps and a bit of precipitation. Woke up Saturday morning to EVERYTHING being wet and snow up above about 7k'. Couple more dustings happened over the weekend with very cold temps, think yesterday's high was all of 50. Buddy went up to Tahoe and said he came across anywhere from 1-3" depending on area. For me I actually had to use the heater in the truck.

Going to have to purchase stuff to do a backflush of the heater core and see if I can get her working properly. Still blows luke warm air which makes me believe there is just some crud there.

After that comes the next major project, need to replace the oilpan. So looking at it, I have the older Large plug pan which has been replaced with the FJ62 pan with the small plug, correct (25mm vs. 18mm plug)???? @OSS @cruiseroutfit
I purchased a oil pan gasket from Onur years ago when I did the head on the truck and just never go around to replacing. This should still work with the newer pan correct? I can grab part number if needed, just up in its box in the rafters.

Yes all the pan gaskets should be the same.

So next dumb question... looks like average price for the new pan and plug/gasket is about $300? Does that seem correct?

Look on partsouq. The pan was really cheap from them.

12101-61013 $123 in 7/18 from them.

Mine was beat up and had likely never been off. I was likely to bend the pan rail prying it off, so I had a new one on hand. We needed it.

Correct, all new OE pans come for the small 12012 variety plug/gasket

Look on partsouq. The pan was really cheap from them.

12101-61013 $123 in 7/18 from them.

Mine was beat up and had likely never been off. I was likely to bend the pan rail prying it off, so I had a new one on hand. We needed it.
I did look and then realized that shipping was like another $100. At that rate, its not much cheaper than from Kurt so would rather support the community.

I did look and then realized that shipping was like another $100. At that rate, its not much cheaper than from Kurt so would rather support the community.

Makes sense. I agree. I placed a larger order from them and it was worth it to buy from overseas in that instance.

This should still work with the newer pan correct
Yes all the pan gaskets should be the same.

There's two different oil pan gaskets for two different pans. They're different. Although the older pan gasket part number can technically be made to scrunch down and jamb fit on the newer pan, it's hoops are longer so it doesn't really fit right. It can be installed in a pinch and not leak by jamming it down in an awkward way, but it's not an ideal solution.

There's two different oil pan gaskets for two different pans. They're different. Although the older pan gasket part number can technically be made to scrunch down and jamb fit on the newer pan, it's hoops are longer so it doesn't really fit right. It can be installed in a pinch and not leak by jamming it down in an awkward way, but it's not an ideal solution.
Ok thanks OSS... I will have to get up into my rafters and see which part number Onur got me.

Ok so I don't have the number of the gasket for the oil pan, sure if I dig through paperwork or emails I can find but it is a one piece gasket. Is that the proper one?

Also realized that I have a bunch of other gaskets in there I never used (side cover, timing cover, etc.) so looks like I bought a whole gasket kit for the engine?!

Ok so I don't have the number of the gasket for the oil pan, sure if I dig through paperwork or emails I can find but it is a one piece gasket. Is that the proper one?

Also realized that I have a bunch of other gaskets in there I never used (side cover, timing cover, etc.) so looks like I bought a whole gasket kit for the engine?!

Back to everyone about the oil pan and gasket... so looking at the gasket that I had it resembles the one pictured in post #20 here.
So I am assuming since it is the one piece gasket it is the "updated" 61011 gasket. With that, I need the newer superceded pan number 12101-61013, correct??

Had a couple tire kickers on the truck in parking lots and whatnot but no real interest. So figure that seeing as I am not in a huge hurry to get rid of her I will continue to take care of these things. Needs to be done regardless.

New updated oil pan:
12101-61013
Gasket for pan above:
12151-61011
Drain plug for above
90341-12012
Drain Plug gasket for plug above.
90430-12028
(The drain plug is smaller on the newer oil pan)

Old style gasket: 12151-61010

New updated oil pan:
12101-61013
Gasket for pan above:
12151-61011
Drain plug for above
90341-12012
Drain Plug gasket for plug above.
90430-12028
(The drain plug is smaller on the newer oil pan)

Old style gasket: 12151-61010

Thanks @OSS much appreciated for the confirmation. I remember reading that the usage of FIPG was recommended for corners when doing the gasket install, is that still the case with the new one?

Yes definitely. Use that black Toyota FIPG
Now to find an oil pan that isn't going to break the bank. See them ranging from about $200 to $300+ from differing sites.

Miy new one was all scratched up when I got it and the seller at Toyota said they were all like that- so don't be bummed if you don't get a perfect one.

Miy new one was all scratched up when I got it and the seller at Toyota said they were all like that- so don't be bummed if you don't get a perfect one.

Yeah I am just more worried about the drain plug sealing..

So found this on ebay.... Anyone deal with "PartsLane" before? Seems almost too cheap to be legit but looks like the proper pan.

Nifty!!! Had a couple places on BeBe that I wasn't happy with the paint job and some places that I did not do a good job of prep so the paint didn't stick (like right along an window seal). I had planned on doing a small touch-up job in the spring but was kind dreading having to re-tape everything and whatnot for the gun. Went to the same paint supply place and they were able to put the same color in an aerosol can for fairly cheap (like $17/can)!!!!

So I picked up two cans and will start doing the touch-up in the garage. Stoked about this because I was working with a dent remover (paintless ones) and the paint apparently didn't stick very well in that spot and came off with the glue when I tried pulling the dent. Will have to sand the whole area to prep and then paint again!!

Well...... Looks like BeBe may be going to a new home tonight! :oops:

Yesterday morning got a call from a woman wanting to look at the 60. Made arrangements and she and her husband came by my office. Apparently her daughter goes to school right near my office and she passed it while taking her to school. They came by after I was off, sat and chatted in the rain about everything on BeBe, then she took her for a quick spin. Apparently she fell in love immediately, told me she had been looking for a "classic" 4wd SUV that would serve as part time daily driver duty and all around fun vehicle.. Hey guess what I do with her!!!

Anyways, after chatting it was close to 5pm so figured that they would not be able to get to the bank to get a cashier's check so we decided to make arrangements for later today. Never really chatted about price or anything so I figured that she would show up with cash tonight and negotiate. I guess I was wrong, as she just asked for my name for the cashier's check, sticker still says $10k. They are a local family so don't have to worry about smog stuff with her being desmogged. Gave them the low down on what was bad (oil pan, carpet, pain still needing cut n buff, etc.) and they seemed fine with it.

So BeBe's next picture may be me handing over the keys to the new owner and crying! Now to the hunt for a 100/LX570.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom