Events/Trails Fifth Annual 70 Series Meet and Greet, September 26th - 29th, 2019 Windrock Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes One XL please
Unfortunately they will not be available in time for the Meet & Greet but if there is adequate interest, Rob can upload the design to his website in early October. I suggest you let him or his wife know at the Meet & Greet if you're interested.
Thanks

Unfortunately they will not be available in time for the Meet & Greet but if there is adequate interest, Rob can upload the design to his website in early October. I suggest you let him or his wife know at the Meet & Greet if you're interested.
Thanks
Gotcha. That's good too. I will meet them.

So you are bringing a t-shirt with a photo of the truck you are not bringing?
The short answer is yes. This is a case where the realities of life has altered my best laid plans.

We will be leaving Ohio headed 75 south to be at windrock by mid afternoon as well.

Phone: 2242816516
Ham: 146.460
Cb: scanning

Last edited:
@jmlockwood @Gun Runner 5 - Well, you guys inspired me not only to make the trip up to meet you all... but I also pulled the trigger on a HZJ75 Troopy! It's still in Belgium, so I'll come up in my 100 series this year.. but next time I should fit right in.
14abc5c6-40f7-49d9-9834-e678c61ebdc2.JPG
573fc968-64f5-4aff-91d7-1bed34b28723.JPG
36051d80-7062-40de-820c-91e82d58d67b.JPG

I made it to Grand Junction tonight. All in all, about 400 miles covered today. That brings me to about 750 miles covered since leaving Boise on Saturday afternoon. Tomorrow’s route is around 300 miles - shortest of the trip - to Colorado Springs. Will be a big test on the PZJ77 as some of those passes are above 10,000 feet.

UPDATE:
A group of us will be leaving Thomasville fairly early Thursday morning. Our plans are to travel I-75 through Atlanta and join up with another group northwest of Atlanta. Hopefully we'll roll into Oak Ridge around mid afternoon. As I mentioned before, once we're on the trails communications are spotty at best and updates are very difficult. I'll post one last update on 'MUD Thursday evening and I'll ask Nic to do the same on Facebook. Feel free to contact me anytime during the day on Thursday if you need additional information.
Thanks ... (229) 221-8606
Hi @Gun Runner 5 Me and my brother in law will probably be near you in GA, i texted you to coordinate if we can tag along.

Let me know, Miguel

Hi @Gun Runner 5 Me and my brother in law will probably be near you in GA, i texted you to coordinate if we can tag along.

Let me know, Miguel

Miguel, I'm in Europe until Tuesday evening but will check my text messages as soon as I get home.

In case you miss it below. Please respond.

I made it to Grand Junction tonight. All in all, about 400 miles covered today. That brings me to about 750 miles covered since leaving Boise on Saturday afternoon. Tomorrow’s route is around 300 miles - shortest of the trip - to Colorado Springs. Will be a big test on the PZJ77 as some of those passes are above 10,000 feet.
2 weeks ago I made the return trip from Dubois, Wy back to NW Ga. Those long hills at altitude were a challenge for my HZJ73, but definitely doable. Thin air and diesels are not a great mix. Once you clear the mtns. you can really knock out the miles. See you this weekend.

Rough schedule ..... Subject to change on a moments notice. :)

For those that arrive Thursday afternoon / early evening we'll plan to eat at the Outback Restaurant in Oak Ridge. (Across the street from the Comfort Inn)
Friday morning we'll plan to meet at the Windrock parking lot around 9:00am. (You'll need to come a little earlier to purchase your park permit)
Saturday morning will most likely be the same schedule and location unless Sam changes things up.

** I’ll try to update this information throughout the day on Thursday where time and signal strength permits.

Last edited:
Out of the warehouse and into the big shop for a few things....on the road early Thursday AM northbound.
20190918_090546.jpg
20190918_090712.jpg

Sam, I and several others are interested in a similar trip as last year for Friday.
Done ... Tracy and I will need rides (no 70 series and the dually aint going trail riding)

For those that want to go on the trip @divemedic refers to, you will need to buy an appropriate TWRA permit for Friday. We will start with some road miles to go North to Royal Blue then work our way back to Windrock.

Get your TWRA permits here ... Tennessee TWRA License

If you do not already have a Tennessee hunting licence, the easiest permit is a Type 36 for TN residents or a type 38 for Non-Residents of TN. These are daily permits so make sure you choose Friday and only ONE person per vehicle has to have a TWRA permit.

Everyone in a vehicle has to have a Windrock permit for their trails

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom