Feb. trail run Feb 17th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll get in touch with the othr guys to define a place to meet and will post it on our web site (georgiacruisers.org) and here.
just for kicks, who is planning on going? I'll be there and I have been extending invitations to potentially new members...
if it is not too cold my wife and the little one would come too. Need guys with digital cameras... and don't forget your firts aid kits, recovery kits, etc.
Oscar

Not a member yet and would love to show up. But My rig has still got some fuel/carb problems still working on it. If I get it running this week Id love to meet ya'll somewhere.

EDIT: I am OUT this weekend. Too much to do. Yall have fun.

I mentioned to some others that the McDonalds at Evans Mill Rd is a pretty convenient place to meet (and line up the Cruisers). I think Dan is planning on running this weekend too. Probably a few other non-members (FJCs) that me and Heather ride with will show up too.

Last edited:
I am in. I will be in the 80 with my kids...sister Heather may tag along too.

Not a member yet and would love to show up. But My rig has still got some fuel/carb problems still working on it. If I get it running this week Id love to meet ya'll somewhere.

dude, just show up, we'll fix-it-up like we did in Tellico..:)

all right. I talked to josh. He said that we used to meet at the walmart on rt 124 in lithonia...
well, I did not find any walmart with those requisistes. this is what i found:
there is one walmart at 3435 centerville hwy (rt 124) in snellville.
there is another walmart at 1825 rockbridge rd (right of the first traffic light on rt 78 >>going west) in stone mountain.
and there is another one in Lithonia at 5401 Fairington rd .
I think the walmart Josh reffered to was the one in snellville. but i'll confirm it and would post back.
Meeting time is 9:00 am.

all right. I talked to josh. He said that we used to meet at the walmart on rt 124 in lithonia...
well, I did not find any walmart with those requisistes. this is what i found:
there is one walmart at 3435 centerville hwy (rt 124) in snellville.
there is another walmart at 1825 rockbridge rd (right of the first traffic light on rt 78 >>going west) in stone mountain.
and there is another one in Lithonia at 5401 Fairington rd .
I think the walmart Josh reffered to was the one in snellville. but i'll confirm it and would post back.
Meeting time is 9:00 am.

That walmart in Snellville is about 4 miles north of the light where the racetrac gas station is....The mcdonalds the Rick says is perfect. Also there is a Sams club right off the exit of turner lake also. (next to Mcdonalds) ont he Mall side of I20...Im hoping I can make it, we have a safety meeting a 10 am but trying to get out of it....Mark

I'll be there for sure...
This time with all the recovery gear needed to pull any J**P out!

I vote for McDonald's at 2964 TURNER HILL RD, LITHONIA, GA 30038 at 9:00am. I think it's the same exit as the trail.

Okay, we need Josh, Oscar, and anyone else on this run to make a FINAL decision as to where we meet and when. I am getting emails that say one thing and this board that says another.

Who is in charge of the ride (usually the VP) and who is the final authority on the logistics? We can't just chat about this and then expect people to wander all over the east side trying to find the group.

Please post:

1. Meeting location, with a google map or address that can be mapped/GPS'ed.
2. Meeting leader name and contact information
3. Requirements, first aid, etc is a good start. CB or FRS radios should be a requirement as well.
4. A running sheet of those coming or not, so we know when we can leave the meeting location without leaving anyone behind.

If these sorts of things can't be done on here or in email I will sign up to lead these rides when they are local so we can all be on the same page.

Sorry for the grumpiness, but these sort of stuff happens with GA Cruiser rides WAY TO OFTEN and it needs to be organized and clear to the membership. I would have signed up for VP and done trail rides if I had the time, but I simply don't. I would be happy to help whomever on a ride by ride basis as I am able.

The meeting place really does not matter to me I just chose the Walmart because that is where we have met in the past and it is a nice place to put a trailer if anyone trailers their rig.

1. I guess we can change this to the McDonalds at 2964 TURNER HILL RD, LITHONIA, GA 30038 at 9:00am. Sorry about not having an exact address for the Walmart so we will meet at the McDonalds. I will have a new email sent out to the membership.
2. Josh Schmitt (770)833-2123
3. The requirements for the ride are the same as every GA Cruisers trail ride which are posted on our website www.georgiacrusiers.org.
4. People attending from GA Cruisers that I know of are:
John and Josh Schmitt
Oscar
Dan
FJCRUZR
most likely Patrick if he gets his truck fixed

Hopefully this gets everything cleared up but if we have anymore questions or concerns or we to change stuff again post up.

Thanks Josh.

Looks like lab601 (Dave) from ATLFJCs will join us as well.

GEORGIA CRUISERS TRAIL RIDE - Saturday, 02/17/2007

Attention!!

New meeting place! Exact meeting location for the trail ride this weekend at the Lithonia Trails - 2/17/2007.

Meet at the McDonald's at 2964 TURNER HILL RD, LITHONIA, GA 30038 at 9:00am.

If you have any further questions please post on the GA Cruisers section of IH8Mud.com (this forum) or email me directly at JSchmitt1@stduent.gsu.edu.

Please email me at JSchmitt1@student.gsu.edu if you plan on attending this ride.

Thank you,
Josh Schmitt
Posted for JMS by Jim Dahlquist

The meeting place really does not matter to me I just chose the Walmart because that is where we have met in the past and it is a nice place to put a trailer if anyone trailers their rig.

1. I guess we can change this to the McDonalds at 2964 TURNER HILL RD, LITHONIA, GA 30038 at 9:00am. Sorry about not having an exact address for the Walmart so we will meet at the McDonalds. I will have a new email sent out to the membership.
2. Josh Schmitt (770)833-2123
3. The requirements for the ride are the same as every GA Cruisers trail ride which are posted on our website www.georgiacrusiers.org.
4. People attending from GA Cruisers that I know of are:
John and Josh Schmitt
Oscar
Dan
FJCRUZR
most likely Patrick if he gets his truck fixed

Hopefully this gets everything cleared up but if we have anymore questions or concerns or we to change stuff again post up.

Josh, the link to the GA Cruiser's web site is not working.
And could you please point out where the ride requirements are?

Thanks
Sylvain

Thanks Mark...I'm just a bit slow;)

I would definatly be there BUT i broke another longfield last weekend at Gulches ORV in SC...

ya'll have fun..

I can't make it at 9am. Was wondering if I can catch up with you all later on? I got a safety meeting to go to and probly wont be able to make it until between 1 and 2 pm. Please post or pm me....Thanks Mark

Bailey, just bring the 80! :)

OK. Official. the meeting place is at the McDonnalds. at 9:00 am. I'll be there a bit earlier for all interested.
If you can't make it on time, or need directions call me at 770 403 8026. Please bring your recovery equipment, first aid kit, CB radio, picture camera, etc .
as always my truck needs a litle LC before the event, this time is the real axle seals... I'll be doing this today probably after 2:00 pm. Wanna help? call me. it would be indoors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom