Featured 100 - spressomon (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And these are the rears...
Fox shock 3.jpg
Fox shock 4.jpg

One more pic showing the front shock to upper inner control arm clearance. The smaller diameter shock housing allowed the control arm to droop slightly more than with the OME's.
Fox shock 5.jpg

I like it alot...Very nice.

Cool!

How much lower is the new bracket to hold the lower rear shock absorber? Is the lower mounting somewhat vulerable to rocks?

The upper rear mounting bracket, how is it connected up there? weld or bolt?

Cheers,

Jay...hmmm I didn't measure how much the lower mount is from stock...I'll have to see if it is vulnerable or not...it looks like it will be OK...but time will answer that question.

The brackets were fabbed as bolt on...so I can reverse the path if necessary back to post style without cutting anything apart (based on how good the Foxes feel on the street I won't be going back to the OME's).

Did you or will you need to extend the shaft on the rear sway bar connecting rod?

Did you or will you need to extend the shaft on the rear sway bar connecting rod?

I did that last year per the advice of ATS4x4 (Darren). I added 50mm...

The next thing, again per Darren's advice, will be to install the 10mm body lift to get the fenders just a bit more space from the stuffed tires (I'd like to install 12-14mm but don't know right now if that will be trouble for the fan shroud and/or steering column...waiting for Darren to chime in on that).

I did that last year per the advice of ATS4x4 (Darren). I added 50mm...

The next thing, again per Darren's advice, will be to install the 10mm body lift to get the fenders just a bit more space from the stuffed tires (I'd like to install 12-14mm but don't know right now if that will be trouble for the fan shroud and/or steering column...waiting for Darren to chime in on that).

Done :cheers:

One thing you will need to do, as we do with fox shox install is to run the fox [or daystar] boots over the shafts, and fit the OME control arm mounted mudflaps they made for LTR's to protect the shock from stone damage in the rear.

Once you lift the top rear mounts, you can shorten the bottom mounts to suit, we used to machine a new mounting pin, plasma out a new hole in the front, with the pin going through the hole closer to the diff, weld in, then cut the shock mount off as short as we could up to that new pin we installed.

Thanks Darren...I appreciate your advice!!!

I don't clean mine either. Pisses 1LoudLX off for sure.

Very nice work and build-up. One question based on the pictures, you ever wash your engine? :)

Very nice work and build-up. One question based on the pictures, you ever wash your engine? :)

It's clean now...we haven't had a drop of precipitation in over 80-days...:frown:

That's a nice sharp looking rig at Oysterfest I took last month.

Cheers,

Thanks! I wish it looked as good now as when I first drove into the parking lot for Oysterfest ;).

That's a great rig. I'm waiting to see the outcome of the 10mm bodylift. I need some space for my 315 toyos and the lift might be it. Also waiting to hear on the dirt performance of the Fox suspension - I'm not too happy with the onroad performance of my OMEs.

I like the pin mod on the tire carrier - however do you not have a problem keeping it open on a slant?

I see your spade mounted on the high lift. Did you make some brackets for it or is their something that attaches to the high lift handle?

I really like your attention to detail! Gives me some inspiration:). I guess I need to lear welding and get one!

That's a great rig. I'm waiting to see the outcome of the 10mm bodylift. I need some space for my 315 toyos and the lift might be it. Also waiting to hear on the dirt performance of the Fox suspension - I'm not too happy with the onroad performance of my OMEs. Well...the firmer the tune for street...the firmer the tune for off-road AFAIK; however the Fox like the Bilstein 7100/9100(?) are tuneable. Maybe an electro-magnetic type of shock design would offer the best of both worlds?

I like the pin mod on the tire carrier - however do you not have a problem keeping it open on a slant? I only welded right hand (stock) hole in the bumper that held the pin/bumper in the closed position...leaving the hole for pin when the bumper is in the 'open' position.

I see your spade mounted on the high lift. Did you make some brackets for it or is their something that attaches to the high lift handle? I just welded a piece of round stock onto the Hi-Lift's base plate...simple, quick, cheap & effective.

I really like your attention to detail! Gives me some inspiration:). I guess I need to lear welding and get one! Thank you! I went back & forth on the welder purchase for many, many years. Now that I have one I use it all the time...and as you know it's either not doing the project or hauling it off to a welder/machinist to complete...which didn't happen very often. My advice: Get the welder ASAP!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom