Featured 100 - spressomon (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The interior view.

Setting off for another great run.

The most recent trip into a beautiful trail in Northern Nevada.
Pic 58.jpg
Pic 59.jpg
Pic 60.jpg

What do you HUNT and what type of dog is it that fits in there?

Last edited:
Nice build!
Where did you pick up the hot water feed for the Helton? What pump do you use?

The couplers are from our local hydraulic/pneumatic shop...they're stainless steel...and then I epoxied the hollow portion of a couple air connectior nipples with a cord to retain them when the shower lines are plugged in for use. I also swapped out the hot water feed tubing for some higher temp tubing...the factory tubing gets hot...and when it's draped over the shower tent window it wanted to collapse: Problem solved!

I just use the 12V pump that came with the Helton kit (got it from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters). Installed, as you can see, a 12V marine outlet up front for the pump connect.

What do you HUNT and what type of dog is it that fits in there?

Grew up hunting ducks, geese, pheasant, bob white, sharptails and prairie chickens in Nebraska. Out here I hunt chukar mainly...but also like huns, blue and sage grouse, quail...and occasionally I get down to District 10 to hunt ducks with some huntin' buddies...those rice fed central valley ducks are unbelievably tasty!

He's Sieg my 3 1/2 year old GWP out of Bill Kennedy's Smoke Creek Kennels (Bennett Colorado). Great animal and a great hunter (in and out of the water).
Sieg on Point.jpg

I also modified Slee's pin stop on the rear bumper. When I pull the trailer it made getting into the back kind of a hassle...you have to release the pin on the PS side...then hop over the tongue, etc. So I welded the hole that kept the factory pin in the locked position when closed (thanks hoser for that idea!!!)...and then installed a new pin that I bought from Christo on the DS side...it's a lot more convenient when pulling the trailer and no real downside when not pulling the trailer and accessing the rear cargo space.

The other little mod I did was move the rubber bumper from the DS side of the bumper to the PS side of the bumper so that when I swing the tire carrier over the tongue of the trailer it doesn't bottom out/scrape across the trailer's tongue.

It's the little things...:rolleyes:
Bumper stop pin 1.jpg
Bumper stop pin 2.jpg
Bumper stop pin 3.jpg

Spress- very nice rig. Your rig and buildup has provided a lot of ideas for my own rig over the past year (and I suspect for many others as well). Love those custom recovery brackets. Have you ever posted details about how you put together the manual throttle control?

Honestly I can't remember...but I'll look and if I didn't I will. It was pretty straight forward...just need a bandsaw to cut the steel pieces and a welder to tack it all together. The throttle control is from Aircraft Spruce...airplane supply company.

Future projects:
Fox shocks...this month.
Custom homebrew skid plate & belly pan
Different sliders
A little mod to keep the AO drawers locked when open...it must be perfectly flat in Africa where the drawers are from :rolleyes:.
Temp guage for the Waeco...ala hoser's.
Cut the front bumper back 2.5" ala Snook's ARB job

??? There will always be a list you know!

Well done job! Yeah, it helps alot to have a welding equipment at home.

BTW, how did you recover your trailer back on the ground? How did it flip sideway when it is heavy loaded?

Cheers,

Fortunately I had the winch, the Hi-Lift and recovery gear! I disconnected the hitch...used a tow strap and a couple bow shackles...and gently righted it. Then, since the trailer's tongue was buried in the DG, I used my Hi-Lift to jack the trailer tongue up so that I could get it reconnected to the hundy. The only things that got damaged were the Overland tent hinges (which Mike Spies at Autohome sent to me pronto!!!) and the tent cover (Martyn at AT sent some extra material that I used as a patch). The trailer with it's full box frame and HD materials is very well constructed and designed to take a pretty good hit...I confirmed it!

Well...we're not really sure why it tipped. However I was in a rutted trail...heading downhill...it just didn't follow the hundy out of the rut on two wheels ;). I have pulled the trailer through a lot tougher terrain at faster speeds (ask anyone that was behind us at last year's Coyote Flats run) without issue. A mistery!

Awesome truck....well done......are the fox shocks going to take a lot of fabricating? Can't wait to see the pictures..

After watching it in action all summer and seeing the details up close and personal, I think I'm going to send my next rig to Dan to build.:flipoff2:

Call me when it's done...

Jack

That's a damn nice rig!

looks even better in person! One of the reasons I am looking for one now.:cheers:

sweet rig. can i ask what your gas mileage with the 315s and 4.88s?

Well...combo city/highway with A/C on...but easy on the right foot...I just netted 14.78 mpg. Even though I use the same brand/station of gas the quality must vary...the usual variance for combo miles is 13.5-14.5mpg (unless pulling the trailer...then it's right at 12.5mpg).

My real MPG actually got a little better with the 4.88's and 315's than with the stock 4.30's and 285's.

Awesome truck....well done......are the fox shocks going to take a lot of fabricating? Can't wait to see the pictures..

The front upper mounts will need to be cut off and non-stud type welded on...not too big a deal. The rears will be adapters I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom