Builds Farm Fresh LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put me in line for anything Kyle will reproduce for us LVians.:D His work is excellent!! LV is looking good!

So the frame got disassembled and the dirt knocked out! More Arizona dirt.

IMG_3254.JPG

While the frame is away it is time to tackle the front seat belts. Drilled out some spot welds and cut a seem so the panel could be bent out enough to get the backing plate in behind then tacked it all in. Also did a little cleanup and fitting on the dash for the A/C controls.

IMG_3262.JPG

IMG_3263.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

So, in the mean time to look at the doors. got them all apart and the back ones are not too bad but the fronts need a little help. This one was able to be done here but the passenger front door is a little worse and will need some more skilled help from Kyle. Swiss cheese anyone? It's been aged 50 years! Got them all cleaned up and coated on the inside with the Rustlok primer. Hinges are at a friends machine shop getting rebuilt and I am getting the body over to blasting and coating. Only the inside and underneath though. Still hoping I can preserve the patina and keep it from rusting away. This may be folly here on the coast but it also will at least give me time to save up for a paint job if I need to in the end. cleaned out the window channels and puled the vent windows. Considering chroming the vent window so it won't scrape away the new window seals I am getting ready to buy. Ouch! It will balance out with the tailgate latch chrome?

IMG_3271.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

I am very excited to get the body back from blasting tomorrow. It is looking like they did a really nice job of preserving the patina while getting rid of the rust. Went with an black epoxy primer underneath and a white inside. They put a zinc primer under that as well. Should help keep the rust at bay?
SEAU4010.jpeg

FOTY6617.jpeg

DWCK7905.jpeg

Did some other minor stuff waiting for the body. Wire wheeled and painted the window channels. and disassembled the seats so the parts could be blasted with the body. Oh the turds that were released!! All the seat parts were in pretty good condition though. Not sure how to best de-rust the springs? Spray with ospho and wait is my plan so far. I don't want to waste 5 bags of grit and a couple days trying to blast them. JackA, I think I am nearing the end of the turd finding mission! At least I hope. The ones that remain may just be encapsulated. She was a diamond hidden in rodent feces!

IMG_3431.JPG

IMG_3432.JPG

Definitely looking great!
Are you going to patina the new sheet metal to try to match?

Great work. That wagon had the most dirt out of any vehicle I have ever touched...lol. It's awesome to watch the transformation

Oh I do love an early Christmas! The body and parts are back! Everything was double or triple coated. First with a zinc primer and then two coats or epoxy primer. I will plan to coat the inside floor with lizzard skin and paint the upper. The underside will get a coat of bedliner as well. I am really pleased with the job they did protecting my patina.

IMG_3488.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom