If you need a soft top....you need to see this (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think Hottrod81 found a new CanBack on an E-bay store and after had it installed on his runner, LockerRunner bought one.

They look really nice and both club members commented on how their rigs are less topheavy.

Does not look as nice as the original K-lines, does not look as War-Truck'ish as the Canback, cost almost double the old K-lines, but then that was quite some time ago!!! I don't think the Canback convertibles, so this could be the only game in town!!!

I am going to give this one a shot I think. The site says the whole thing only weights 30 pounds or so.No holes to drill and takes 2 minutes to open close

yea it dont look tough but as long as it keeps the rain out crazy is happy
Does not look as nice as the original K-lines, does not look as War-Truck'ish as the Canback, cost almost double the old K-lines, but then that was quite some time ago!!! I don't think the Canback convertibles, so this could be the only game in town!!!

Ok I just got it last week and I can say its a damn fine product. Just follow the instrutions and its an hour install. No drilling,no cussing.

I currently tring to get in touch with the owner ...just maybe I can make him a mud vender.

Jared can you put this in the faq?

Just for reference, I got a CanBack when they came back out 2 years ago. I have been extremely happy with it despite the high $. I've had it through 2 winters, never taken it off, it holds a couple feet of snow no problem. Rain, no water inside. Wind, a little noisy, but keeps the wind and dust out. One benefit that Canback might have over other designs is the stainless steel frame - it is designed to put roof racks up and hold 2-300 pounds.

It does lighten up the truck a great deal (I also removed the glass from the tailgate) and I need to keep a box of trail gear in the back just to keep the comfort factor.

As Downey mentioned, it has a War-ish style, and looks more like a topper on a pickup than the sloped sides and back of a OE fiberglass shell. Overall I am not disappointed by the appearance. In retrospect, it was worth the $$$$.$$

Some pics Picasa Web Albums - bkg - $Runner

Ok sorry it took so long

I will give you real work thoughts on this soft top.:) Keep in mind any slack you may see I have not adjusted this top sense install. Was waiting a couple of weeks before doing this.

First no top is perfect.....none of them. The first picture shows the weak spots. Even seeing that little bit of daylight from the inside in the corner remember it never has leaked...but I can fix the daylight simply by taking a drill and pre- drilling. Then putting a self-tapping screw through the the supplied aluminum then into the Runner iteslf. That should draw in the top more flush to the cab. He supplied a piece of foam(sticky) to apply on both sides to get rid of the gap I just never have done it because I was waiting to work on that one piece. I think I will wait till the warranty runs out before I do that:)

HPIM1680.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom