Wanted F135 pistons and rings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a set of F135 engine pistons (0.040) and rings for the FJ28 build, please let me know if you've got a good set or where I might be able to find some.

I have NOS pistons. Will forward you pictures.
awesome, thanks! Hopefully they're .040 (anyone confirm if that's correct for F135?). Got any rings?

EDIT: Actually might have to get this engine bored out, in which case I'm not yet sure what size we will need... but hopefully i'll figure that out pretty soon.

Last edited:
I’m in piston research hell, hence why I fell here in this dated thread. And shoot I should know the answer to my question since I worked at Ramco Piston Ring a century or two ago, but that was as a maintenance dweeb. 😂

Question: isn’t looking for 0.040 pistons mean you are getting the engine bored out? Or do you already know it’s at 0.040 over standard and may have to go bigger?

I‘m wondering if I should get a set of overs (0.020) to put on the shelf just in case my F135 needs them in the future since things like this seem to be going the way of the 🦕 everyday. But I actually don’t know what’s in this motor now, and I‘m not a good one for doing exploratory surgery just to see what I have 😂. Diatribe over.

Looking for a set of F135 engine pistons (0.040) and rings for the FJ28 build, please let me know if you've got a good set or where I might be able to find some.
IIRC, I may have a set of used pistons, rings, & rods pulled from a 73 F engine. Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig the box out, clean up a couple piston tops and get you some pics.

Drake

I’m in piston research hell, hence why I fell here in this dated thread. And shoot I should know the answer to my question since I worked at Ramco Piston Ring a century or two ago, but that was as a maintenance dweeb. 😂

Question: isn’t looking for 0.040 pistons mean you are getting the engine bored out? Or do you already know it’s at 0.040 over standard and may have to go bigger?

I‘m wondering if I should get a set of overs (0.020) to put on the shelf just in case my F135 needs them in the future since things like this seem to be going the way of the 🦕 everyday. But I actually don’t know what’s in this motor now, and I‘m not a good one for doing exploratory surgery just to see what I have 😂. Diatribe over.
Finding pistons is lessthan half the battle; finding rings is a whole other deal. And the F used two different kinds. I don’t remember the exact specs off the top of my head, but I think one was 4,4,3,3 and the other was 4,4,3,2.5

I have NOS pistons. Will forward you pictures.
Do you have more than one set of pistons for a F135? Any idea where I can get a set of rings I’ve got two engines I need to get rebuilt
Thank you

Mark @65swb45 do you remember what the cutoff is for the different rings, by year? And I suppose they‘re not interchangeable even if the rings & pistons match? I think my ignorance is telling me not to entertain rebuilding my motor, until I absolutely have to, and maybe not then either 😂.

Mark @65swb45 do you remember what the cutoff is for the different rings, by year? And I suppose they‘re not interchangeable even if the rings & pistons match? I think my ignorance is telling me not to entertain rebuilding my motor, until I absolutely have to, and maybe not then either 😂.
I don't remember exactly. But I do remember tha the piston itself changed in 1/72 from flat top to domed, and that this corresponds to the change in designation from the F145 to the F155. The marketing literature changed their HP rating at the same time.

As far as interchangeability, they are totally interchangeable; I did it. I put F155 pistons and rings in my 1968 F145 that I rebuilt for Ruftoys in 1992. And when I rebuilt the F135 that is in my 64LWB, I put them in there too.

As a side note, I find it ironic how you can appreciate my tech so much while making snarky remarks about my 'inventory.'

Last edited:
I bought standard size pistons and rings from Spector. Since we were sleeving the block I went with standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom