Experience Report - Lug Wrench Hero’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somebodyelse5

16124-75030
SILVER Star
Threads
Just had my new wheels and tires mounted up by Nathan at LugWrench Heros. He’s the owner and did a great job (even though he’s a jeep guy!). Took them about an hour to mount and balance 5x 37’s in my driveway. Definitely recommend, sure beat lugging everything around in the truck.

2B385F28-9476-4D6A-AA51-7F0F75351A58.jpeg

Just had my new wheels and tires mounted up by Nathan at LugWrench Heros. He’s the owner and did a great job (even though he’s a jeep guy!). Took them about an hour to mount and balance 5x 37’s in my driveway. Definitely recommend, sure beat lugging everything around in the truck.

Cost?

I paid $55/wheel including valves. I believe it drops for smaller tires.

@blatant yup for the 80, lug centric. These are summit raptors
While some may say that sounds high, it's actually encouraging to me. Places that charge a fixed amount for any tire size (cough*Discount*cough) don't take the time or have the experience/skill to balance large tires properly.

Did he install weights on the inner and outer (or inside the spokes) sides, or just in the center?

While some may say that sounds high, it's actually encouraging to me. Places that charge a fixed amount for any tire size (cough*Discount*cough) don't take the time or have the experience/skill to balance large tires properly.

Did he install weights on the inner and outer (or inside the spokes) sides, or just in the center?
I'm with you. I don't have to lug my wheels and tires around and spend time in a waiting room is worth the cost to me. Plus I don't feel like it's unreasonable price wise at all. Was actually surprised it wasn't more.

He used stick on weights on the inside, weights on the inboard and outboard side as needed. Color matched too :cool:

I believe they are road force balanced based on the machine. Although i am no pro in this area.

He’s got a JK on 37’s and it sounds like he’s a big wheeler, was real curious about the 80 too.

He used stick on weights on the inside, weights on the inboard and outboard side as needed. Color matched too :cool:

I believe they are road force balanced based on the machine. Although i am no pro in this area.

He’s got a JK on 37’s and it sounds like he’s a big wheeler, was real curious about the 80 too.
Sounds good!

sticky weights is where it's at - 4 Wheel Parts put crimp weights on the LX once, and they separated themselves off just 20 miles up the highway from the 4WP shop :rolleyes:

sticky weights is where it's at - 4 Wheel Parts put crimp weights on the LX once, and they separated themselves off just 20 miles up the highway from the 4WP shop :rolleyes:
Crimp weights work well- if the tech uses the correct ones, and there are many styles. If they come off on the street, especially right after installation, it's likely they were not the right ones.