Expedition One sliders installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From the looks of it it wraps around those lines...the right side hole goes up high no?

Looks like the Ox or whatever cutout goes over that middle hole in your circle, and the bolts go high and low.
Ok, I think I know what you're saying. You're saying, that "GX" lines up with the middle hole which also lines up with the top and bottom holes which would put the right side piece with the triangle shaped lip above the hardlines. Is that correct?
 
Ok, I think I know what you're saying. You're saying, that "GX" lines up with the middle hole which also lines up with the top and bottom holes which would put the right side piece with the triangle shaped lip above the hardlines. Is that correct?

Yep. I have never installed these, but it really looks that way to me.
 
yep, that's we we had to do, although the desin looks a little different than the version I have
 
Well, I finally got them on and they look great! Getting the step in place was a bitch because of the KDSS lines. Thanks @iwashmycar for the tips.
1000011105.webp
 
Well, I finally got them on and they look great! Getting the step in place was a bitch because of the KDSS lines. Thanks @iwashmycar for the tips.View attachment 4203800
WOW! They look great!
I like that they extend ALL the way to the edge of the wheel wells. Most are usually about 4"-6" short of reaching the wheel wells.
 
Well, I finally got them on and they look great! Getting the step in place was a bitch because of the KDSS lines. Thanks @iwashmycar for the tips.View attachment 4203800
Sliders look great! They look integrated and not like an afterthought, almost as though Lexus OEM 👍

Those look like MT Baja Boss tires? If so, how noisy are they and are you happy with them? My Nitto Trail Grapplers are almost done and I’ve been thinking about swapping to the Baja Boss.
 
  • Like
Reactions: r2m
WOW! They look great!
I like that they extend ALL the way to the edge of the wheel wells. Most are usually about 4"-6" short of reaching the wheel wells.
Yeah I got these because it extends from end to end. I dont intend to rock crawl so this will be perfect for my needs. Also, max tire size is 33" or else it will rub in the sliders. But I'm not going beyond 33s so im good

20260820_171736.webp


20260828_182444.webp


20260828_182228.webp
 
Sliders look great! They look integrated and not like an afterthought, almost as though Lexus OEM 👍

Those look like MT Baja Boss tires? If so, how noisy are they and are you happy with them? My Nitto Trail Grapplers are almost done and I’ve been thinking about swapping to the Baja Boss.
Yeah I really like the sliders. It'll serve its purpose. Baja Boss are great tires! I love them. They have been great in wet, muddy and snow. Ive had them for 3 years now. It is starting to get louder on the road. I might get the same or ive been looking at the toyo at3 its lighter
 
Yeah I got these because it extends from end to end. I dont intend to rock crawl so this will be perfect for my needs. Also, max tire size is 33" or else it will rub in the sliders. But I'm not going beyond 33s so im good

View attachment 4205279

View attachment 4205280

View attachment 4205281
One of the benefits of sliders that many, and I mean almost no one realizes is the side impact protection provided.
I was T-boned once and all that needed was to have the passenger side rear door replaced and the strip molding on the passenger side front door, and of course the right side slider, which insurance purchased me a whole new set.

And for those who have wider sliders (talking about myself here), that stick out a little further, it helps with not getting door dings from idiots who like to obliviously swing their doors out when parked. Their door gets dinged on your slider instead of you getting the dimple in your door.
 
One of the benefits of sliders that many, and I mean almost no one realizes is the side impact protection provided.
I was T-boned once and all that needed was to have the passenger side rear door replaced and the strip molding on the passenger side front door, and of course the right side slider, which insurance purchased me a whole new set.

And for those who have wider sliders (talking about myself here), that stick out a little further, it helps with not getting door dings from idiots who like to obliviously swing their doors out when parked. Their door gets dinged on your slider instead of you getting the dimple in your door.
Wow, great testament to the durability of these sliders. Expedition One is a very reputable company. They put out great products. Only thing I would like them to do is install videos instead of blurry photos. But all in all great product!
 
  • Like
Reactions: r2m
Wow, great testament to the durability of these sliders. Expedition One is a very reputable company. They put out great products. Only thing I would like them to do is install videos instead of blurry photos. But all in all great product!
Just for clarification, when you said, "... these sliders..." I wasn't referring specifically to yours, albeit, yours are great slow, but to all (quality built and attached to the frame) sliders. My current sliders are RCI now, but when I was T-boned, I had MetalTech. Although I don't care for MetalTech sliders because they don't stick out enough for me to stand on (and door protection), they did great at protecting my rig. What does not qualify are those wimpy chrome side bars that flex when you step on them.
 
Back
Top Bottom