Expedition One sliders installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, would look great on your truck!
Just hung up with Andy at Expedition One. Caught them as they were getting ready to head out for powder coating, only $50 to have both of them done. Thank you! I owe you one 🍻

Just hung up with Andy at Expedition One. Caught them as they were getting ready to head out for powder coating, only $50 to have both of them done. Thank you! I owe you one 🍻
Great! Note that the bolts holding the tread plate to the skid are not powder coated black so they stand out, as you can see from my photos. I thought that would bother me but they don't look too bad.

Great! Note that the bolts holding the tread plate to the skid are not powder coated black so they stand out, as you can see from my photos. I thought that would bother me but they don't look too bad.
Sharpie...

Reactions: r2m
Those came out great!

I had a similar experience when I installed mine, the rear cut marks were too short, I had test fit everything for size able to correct for it, but to get the right look you need the rear to be a full inch and a half longer than the instruction say.

Also, they seem to work pretty well for protecting the car from side damage, wife took a giant chunk of stucco out of our garage, but the door of the GX was undamaged until the scrape passed the end of the slider and got the door a bit, lol.

(yours eyes don't deceive you, the scrape on the slider is like 2' long, but after a bit of rattle can it looks like new again ;P)
Don't suppose you can post a full length car shot to see how those black OEM wheels look with your sliders?

I noticed the site calls these rocker guards. Are these not intended to hold the weight of the vehicle as a slider would? Can anyone confirm?

I noticed the site calls these rocker guards. Are these not intended to hold the weight of the vehicle as a slider would? Can anyone confirm?
I didn't confirm this with Expedition One, however they are solid, weigh about 60+lb each and bolt directly to the frame, so I don't see how they wouldn't function as a slider.

From a technical name standpoint rock sliders are a subset of rocker guards. Here is a good article about The Guide to Choosing Rock Sliders and Rocker Guards. You can get into welding vs. bolt on, etc. as well. His article lists 4x Innovations that I used for my custom Rock Sliders down in Iowa for my Taco 11 years ago. Wait, or are they Rocker Guards because they are zero offset?! :D

Yeah there is a lot of confusion in naming convention. The Expedition One Rocker Guards are 10 ga. steel and wrapped so I would trust them to lift the vehicle.

15 years ago with my Xterra (forgive me for I did stray from Toyota for a few years) I beat the hell out of the rocker panels on it. I purchased Rocker Guards that were peel and stick to cover up the damage already done below the body molding.

22332306424_79ce5094b1_b.jpg

Did help protect the rocker panels from further damage from rocks and stones being kicked up by the tires. Anything else not so much. I live and play in gravel road Country for the most part. Probably someone still sells them and are listed as rocker guards. So yes there is a bit of confusion with the naming convention.

In the 70's and 80's not much you could do about it and just considered beat up rocker panels character marks. If they got beat up too bad and finally rusted out would eventually have to replace them. Or weld new panels in and rattle can them black for the 2 tone look LOL.

Haha, yep, makes sense. Definitely lots of room for interpretation. Sliders I've run in the past were made from 1/4" or 3/16" steel. 10 gauge is relatively thin. I'll be interested to see how these hold up.

Why do they recommend a 33" tire for these?
They recommend up to 33” as any bigger would rub against the end of the slider since it comes all the way up to the edge of wheel well.

Looks great!! I didn't realize you also had a front bumper chop. I think I'll def go the black wheel route when it's time to replace the tires.

Looks great!! I didn't realize you also had a front bumper chop. I think I'll def go the black wheel route when it's time to replace the tires.

Chop was last week. As well as the Attica headlights and knockoff Blackline Edition grille. Done with the outside now time to work on the inside including the dog condo LOL.

What are you doing for the pup? Love my TransK9

In the Taco it was easy, ripped out the rear jump seats and built a platform and had a custom pad built for them.

22179751805_e7924540df_b.jpg

I'm a fan of Ruff Tough Crates, or whatever they are called now days, and in the Ranger built a dog topper out of exterior grade Baltic birch around them and recovery gear storage underneath.

50482359057_9fbb15098b_b.jpg

But hunting Canada only take one dog and the Admiral runs a Weim and Skipper has a GSP neither one fits in the Intermediate crates I have. So keep the Toller in the crate and just a pad for the other larger dog that is riding with us. With both crates my guys load up no problem on command, but given the option he has a clear preference LOL.

53243541141_5ebc4a2830_b.jpg

Similar setup for the GX. Today ordering the Bison Gear Attic rack with barrier (minus side panels)
shelf-with-cargo-barrier-for-lc120-and-gx460.jpg

Will pull the 3rd row seats and build a platform already have the Ironman drawer brackets. Over that drawers once I know the amount of space I have to work with between the base and top of the attic rack when folded up. With tie downs for a crate on the right.

At least that is the plan for now subject to change once I start pulling things apart.

In the Taco it was easy, ripped out the rear jump seats and built a platform and had a custom pad built for them.

22179751805_e7924540df_b.jpg

I'm a fan of Ruff Tough Crates, or whatever they are called now days, and in the Ranger built a dog topper out of exterior grade Baltic birch around them and recovery gear storage underneath.

50482359057_9fbb15098b_b.jpg

But hunting Canada only take one dog and the Admiral runs a Weim and Skipper has a GSP neither one fits in the Intermediate crates I have. So keep the Toller in the crate and just a pad for the other larger dog that is riding with us. With both crates my guys load up no problem on command, but given the option he has a clear preference LOL.

53243541141_5ebc4a2830_b.jpg

Similar setup for the GX. Today ordering the Bison Gear Attic rack with barrier (minus side panels)
shelf-with-cargo-barrier-for-lc120-and-gx460.jpg

Will pull the 3rd row seats and build a platform already have the Ironman drawer brackets. Over that drawers once I know the amount of space I have to work with between the base and top of the attic rack when folded up. With tie downs for a crate on the right.

At least that is the plan for now subject to change once I start pulling things apart.
That’s a great set up. I wonder if they have a molle panel to go over the back glass in case it breaks. Would also be nice to have that divider go down to the floor so you could pull the 2nd row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom