Eric from Chas./W.Ashley Toyota says HI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ran into West Trashley Toyota to get a new master key made. Got to chattin' with Eric the parts guy and he says he'd just moved and was still tryin' to get the layout of the place. I ask where from and he says "the upstate." "OH! Upstate Cruiser Club?" His eyes light up and says he knew a couple of ya'll. We talked about a buildup of two "oldies" as he put it. Don't know which of ya'll he was talkin' about. I said I sometimes chatted with you guys on 'Mud and would pass along a hello. So Eric says, "Hello.":flipoff2:

Did he ever give any of ya'll any discounts? I of course keep as far away from our local stealership because the past parts guys have been horrible and it surely ain't cheap. CDan for me. As a matter of fact, they didn't have a blank key to do my master so I had to go get it myself from True Value.:rolleyes: They've never had the parts I need in a pinch. Eric a good guy? Discounts?

I generally delt with Rick at Ralph Hayes Toyota. They sponsor our club and provide us a 25% off parts and labor. Or very close or better is some cases to C-dans prices. Plus it's local and easy. Our Ralph Hayes Toyota is a great dealership. I'm buying all my vehicles from them now on.

He had to be talking about Alans 40's.

yeah I second that must be Alans' 40, he was keeping the parts counter a float at Ralph Hayes during his restos :D

I haven't met Eric either, But Ralph hayes is a top notch Toyota dealership, we are luckly to have them and a parts guy who actually knows and loves 40's!!

Howdy right back!

Ditto squared for Ralph Hayes and Rick. Top notch
club sponser. Know their stuff and (gasp) talk Land Cruiser.
(we all know it's a special language many parts people don't speak)
Give Rick a call. They ship parts too.
Of course you need to be a UC member ($10) to get yer discount.
Best spent $10 of your Cruiser life.
:grinpimp:

Rick is great. Even delivered some parts to me up in Tellico once. Found my camp while I was on the trails and left them on my picnic table. Nice to have a parts guy who know cruisers.:cheers:

ClemsonCruiser said:
we are luckly to have them and a parts guy who actually knows and loves 40's!!
That brings up a good story from yesterday, JP. I like my local dealer because the tech who always works on my cruisers is a friend and fellow 1977 40 owner. He hooks me up in all kinds of ways and I greatly appreciate it.

On to the story. Yesterday I called him and told him I needed a new air filter for my 40. He told me to hold on and stopped the work he was doing in his bay to walk over to parts to see if they had them in stock while we chatted about Cruisers.

After Gus asked the parts guy about an air filter for a 1997 FJ40, the parts guy brought up the wrong part on the computer 3-4 times. After being told that was the wrong part for the 4th time, he told Gus that he's not in the antique parts business and to look elsewhere!!! :eek:

Anyway, Gus went back, had it ordered, will buy it on his discount and drop it by the house later. Good guy who really helps me out.

I will post pics of his awesome ride later.

Good to hear from you. Eric's a good man and Ralph Hayes has come through for me as well. Don't be a stranger.

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom