Engine rebuild. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a few extra dollars and want to rebuild my 1988 fj62 engine. I’m in the la/oc area. I’ve found a place that will do the rebuild but I need to have a third party yank the engine and then deliver it to them. Too many steps. Does anyone know of a place where I can take it in amd just get it done? One stop shop near me. Thanks I’m advance for your time.

Go to the "Clubhouse" and post this up to a local club for local input.
:beer: ✌️

Out of curiosity why does your 3FE need a rebuild?

dude, i'm gonna be the devil's advocate, why not do it yourself? i mean, we've got young ladies right here in the 60 section that do their own work. one in particular comes to mind. she's been driving her 60 with an engine that she rebuilt since the past spring, if i recall correctly. it's a.......badass......build, you may want to read it.

dude, i'm gonna be the devil's advocate, why not do it yourself? i mean, we've got young ladies right here in the 60 section that do their own work. one in particular comes to mind. she's been driving her 60 with an engine that she rebuilt since the past spring, if i recall correctly. it's a.......badass......build, you may want to read it.
im not against that at all except for the fact that im gone from 5am to 6pm and I have no garage. it could be done but at this point im kinda digging on the delegating of projects outside my skillset. this response was completely hysterical to me. if you did it on purpose then youre a champion...if youre not sure of what youre doing...im for sure gonna go read the rest of your posts because they're probably a treasure trove.

This conversation is why I recently deleted my FB account after 18 years. Bit bored now so I’ve subscribed :)

Shotfun, you’re going down the right path. Someone in your region will jump in and offer to do the job or point you to someone who can. Good luck and look forward to seeing how you come along.

This conversation is why I recently deleted my FB account after 18 years. Bit bored now so I’ve subscribed :)

Shotfun, you’re going down the right path. Someone in your region will jump in and offer to do the job or point you to someone who can. Good luck and look forward to seeing how you come along.
Facebook is such a pile of turds. I usually try and go straight to the source on topics where I need help and I’m sure ih8mud will come through for me. I’d be happy to find a LC pro to tak it to for a diagnosis. May not need a rebuild and maybe there’s some stuff I can do on my own. Weekend projects are fun, I’m just not ripping that thing apart in my garage. Have a great weekend

look in the sticky threads at the top of this forum. There are two threads for recommended mechanics.

look in the sticky threads at the top of this forum. There are two threads for recommended mechanics.
so I was scanning the whole page and the original forum and I can't find the sticky. is the sticky just the dropdown tabs? if you could drop me a link id be jazzed. I don't use a bunch of forming...just this one and a sour beer brewing forum. thanks in advance

“CRUISER MECHANICS” listed by state.

5th thread down from top

You can reach out to "local" vendors then if needed report back with your top few for discussion. Some of these listed may not do engine rebuilds because it may be too much or too little, depending on the shop. You might start by spending for someone to do an assessment of what you already have.

im not against that at all except for the fact that im gone from 5am to 6pm and I have no garage. it could be done but at this point im kinda digging on the delegating of projects outside my skillset. this response was completely hysterical to me. if you did it on purpose then youre a champion...if youre not sure of what youre doing...im for sure gonna go read the rest of your posts because they're probably a treasure trove.
no, no, no, you're not sellin' that no time $h!t to this ol' fawker! 😤
the particular young lady i'm referring to is a single mom n got it done in basically a shed. i've said it before n i'll say it again, i'd be proud to call her my daughter.
as to doing it on purpose, yup. but it's been a while since someone accused me of being a champion. n yes, i'm sure of what i'm doing......bustin' your balls! get after it son :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
oh, n a belated official welcome to mud :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

s***...those are stickies? so I take it a sticky is whatever is locked in at the top body of the forums page? thanks a bunch for the clarification.
Yeah basically those threads will always be on the front page. Everything below that section will slide down the list of postings as fewer people post to them.

Yeah basically those threads will always be on the front page. Everything below that section will slide down the list of postings as fewer people post to them.
got it. I was expecting to see something like a digital equivalent of a post-it note...like a yellow flapping piece of paper behind that old Clippy Microsoft word guy. thanks a bunch.

no, no, no, you're not sellin' that no time $h!t to this ol' fawker! 😤
the particular young lady i'm referring to is a single mom n got it done in basically a shed. i've said it before n i'll say it again, i'd be proud to call her my daughter.
as to doing it on purpose, yup. but it's been a while since someone accused me of being a champion. n yes, i'm sure of what i'm doing......bustin' your balls! get after it son :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
oh, n a belated official welcome to mud :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
yeah! muds a cool site. I ig it so far, lots of helpful people on here with lots of knowledge.

got it. I was expecting to see something like a digital equivalent of a post-it note...like a yellow flapping piece of paper behind that old Clippy Microsoft word guy. thanks a bunch.
Pretty sure that Clippy went for a Microsoft camping trip one weekend and suffered an unfortunate hunting accident.

yeah! muds a cool site. I ig it so far, lots of helpful people on here with lots of knowledge.
Yep...that would be @NeverGiveUpYota . Felicity has legendary status in this community and she's earned more stripes than most of us. She has helped me out many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom