EGR smog failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took my 95 LC 4.5L to get smogged, it passed every thing, but the EGR valve wont hold a vacuum.
I replaced the valve and still it wont hold a vacuum, so I am getting a replacement.
Is he doing the test correctly? its in idle when he attempts. if i remember correctly my 88 4runner had a similar issue and it was the solenoid. is that it?
he has said he's one person replace an EGR valve three times before getting a working one, i just find that hard to believe.
Also he says if its not replaced it will blow up my engine, is that correct? i know there are EGR delete kits, so i don't know if i believe him.

I lived in Vacaville for 30 years up until 2018. Your engine will not blow up without the egr valve functioning. In fact, your head gasket will appreciate the lack of egr flow though the rear of the head.

Maybe you should try a different smog tech. For years I went to a guy over on commerce place. Cool dude and he is a motor head himself. His business is called The Smog Connection.

The time mine failed smog, passed everything except for the vacuum test, all I replaced was the EGR Vacuum Modulator. Then retested for free and passed with flying colors.

EGR Vacuum Modulator.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom