EGR is going to be the death of me...save me! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From reading EGR Readiness Achieved with EGR Removed! it seems you are lucky with your 95 system.

Yeah, I think the 95 system is simpler. The 97 system is checking to see if it's actually working. It only does that until the readiness test is marked as 'passed' though so once it's over you can put the resistor on. I just finished getting my EGR system working correctly to pass smog, it's a real pain. I replaced everything except the EGR valve itself. I was hoping that with it working and the CEL turned off that my mileage would improve, but it didn't change at all, now I wish I had just done a stealth disable of the system.

Yeah, I think the 95 system is simpler. The 97 system is checking to see if it's actually working. It only does that until the readiness test is marked as 'passed' though so once it's over you can put the resistor on. I just finished getting my EGR system working correctly to pass smog, it's a real pain. I replaced everything except the EGR valve itself. I was hoping that with it working and the CEL turned off that my mileage would improve, but it didn't change at all, now I wish I had just done a stealth disable of the system.
I just ordered the parts to make the "relay egr hack" so we will see, hopefully it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom