easy place to put a cheap oil pressure guage on oem straight 6 engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is an egregious use of both plastic tubing, and the word insegrevious!

Good suggestion on the copper tubing… and I am not saying that just because I am from Arizona!

is there an easy to get to port on the engine to screw in a cheap oilpressure guage?
Just get a Tee from your local Ace Hardware store and screw it into the same place that the stock sender is at.
Not so fast. I believe that the threads are BSP ( British Standard Pipe). McMaster-Carr sells a BSP Tee then you can buy an adapter to screw on a NPT fitting. I have all the part numbers if you need them.
That's the same adapter that I bought a few months ago, it works perfectly.

View attachment 3505085
@middlecalf - now that you have proved the concept, you might want to switch from nylon to copper tubing. The world is littered with stories of blown engines due to plastic oil pressure gauge lines leaking. This would create an insegrevious situation. The copper tubing kits are ~$13, or you can just buy copper tubing bulk and likely re-use most of your fittings and ferrules. Also, be sure to use grommets and protection where the line passes through the firewall.
^great tech. Thanks.
Was just browsing this Monday and ordered parts for it even though my tub is only 30% welded together. Thanks for tech info!

you can force-feed whatever from where-ever , home depot or auto zone , then soon regret this and all that when it leaks , and fails in the short term , or strips out your oil cooler or stand alone filter mount / F1.5 drivers side lower engine block cast iron too .....!

or

you can set your self up for success here with the correct custom made to ALL
JIS pipe taper threads specs , solid brass , that's then nickle plated to my strict as hell BLING-status standards too ....

- the included OEM TOYOTA little service / delete plug w/ factory green pre-coated GOOD STUFF on it , is geared towards the folks that desire a as needed service port to install a manual stand alone oil pressure gauge to verify a cluster meter gauge read out issue or diagnose a bad oil pressure mechanical sending unit too ....

/

- i installed one on GHOST when i replaced my leaky oem factory mechanical sending unit , i WILL be adding a OEM YAZAKI 52mm gauge under the hood for to the metric parsec second info when i need it when want it .......

- THIS IS THE WAY .....
1702442741976.png

1702442753115.png

I think I'll install that copper line (cheap enough) to replace my 40 year old plastic/nylon line, but I'm keeping that secondary containment fuel hose, from the engine side of the firewall to the back of the gauge, just in case - you know, belt and suspenders sort of redundant safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom