“Early” B motor Water pump nightmare. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. Just finished slapping a turbo on my 79 bj40 (early B motor, canadian spec)

Water pump decided to s**t the bed, and I’ve been having an absolute time trying to track one down. Apparently the pump my truck requires is discontinued.

I’m praying that someone has one kicking around out there or maybe knows where I can source one out. I need a pump that’s designed to go WITH a fan clutch, not solid. I’ll post a pic of my pump so it’s crystal clear.

If anyone’s got one lying around I’m happy to pay shipping, or if you know where I can source one I’d appreciate it.

Thanks guys

061A40B4-95AC-4D28-BAAB-71809BC6E392.jpeg

Maybe try searching the internet. Use an online parts catalogue to find the part number then search that.

This pump on ebay looks close to yours, but I have no idea whether it is correct as I am only familiar with the later B engines.

Maybe try searching the internet. Use an online parts catalogue to find the part number then search that.

This pump on ebay looks close to yours, but I have no idea whether it is correct as I am only familiar with the later B engines.

I have…quite extensively.

Sadly that pump is the one that fits a solid fan, not a clutch fan. Thank you though

I have…quite extensively.

Sadly that pump is the one that fits a solid fan, not a clutch fan. Thank you though

Do you have a part number for the water pump, or a VIN/Chassis number for the vehicle? Searching by oart number is far more useful than searching by description.

If it really turns out that noobody even produces an aftermarket pump, you should be able to press off the drive plate from the old pump and put it on the new - obviously you'll need to measure that the shaft diameter matches first.

Or indeed, just go to a fixed fan. I have chosen this over a clutch type in my Landcruiser as fan clutches are hard to diagnose when cooling problems occur.

Thanks for the input guys, still no luck finding a pump so I’ve decided to go the route of a solid fan swap. Just waiting on parts now, hopefully not too far out!

Thanks again

Hey everyone. Just finished slapping a turbo on my 79 bj40 (early B motor, canadian spec)

Water pump decided to s**t the bed, and I’ve been having an absolute time trying to track one down. Apparently the pump my truck requires is discontinued.

I’m praying that someone has one kicking around out there or maybe knows where I can source one out. I need a pump that’s designed to go WITH a fan clutch, not solid. I’ll post a pic of my pump so it’s crystal clear.

If anyone’s got one lying around I’m happy to pay shipping, or if you know where I can source one I’d appreciate it.

Thanks guys

View attachment 3450764

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom