E-Brake Problem! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For some odd reason the previous owner of the FJ60 I recently acquired removed the Emergency brake cable, only god knows why. Does anyone know how and where to route the replacement cable (from e-brake lever to drum breaks), Images and links greatly Appreciated.

I just replaced mine. I will take some photos tomorrow during the day to show you everything.

The first picture is where the parking break comes through the body. The second photo is the first attachment point which is approximately one foot to the rear of where it emerges.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The next photo is the next attachment point. Mine broke while I was removing it so I used a zip tie. Note there are two slots in the mount so the cable can sit flush. The photo after that is where the cable attaches above the rear diff. This photo was taken looking to the rear of the cruiser. The next photo is from the rear of the cruiser looking at the diff. This attachment point is to the left of the diff. The last photo is the mount point on the rear of the diff.

I hope this helps. This is my first post and amazed I can answer a question since I have only had my fj60 since December.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I got all my parts from toyotamcdonoughparts.com. I highly recommend them. The website is a little hard to use but they had good prices and awesome customer service when they sent me the wrong cable by mistake.

The mechanical part of the E brake at the rear wheel tend to stick. Especially if they are not exercised regularly. Maybe a possible explanation for someone to remove them. Good to spray lube on them when your under there on occasion.

Download the factory service manual (see my sig line) and depending on how much was removed, check on Mud classifieds for used parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom